Sufix Fuse 832

Have rigging questions or a good idea? Found a good fishing product? Tell us about it.
krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Sufix Fuse 832

Post by krash »

Any experience, opinions from people who have actually used it ??

Needed to re-spool a reel, picked up a spool of 20# 832.. spooled it up on an 4000 Stradic FI.
Have now had a chance to use it yet, but first impressions.
Advertised to be 8# diameter .009", sure does feel thicker than the 8# mono Trilene XL backing advertised to be .010",
Could not fit it on the reel where I removed the same 150 yards of another brand 20# braid. Per Shimano's estimate 8# should fit 250 yards, but after removing backing and starting over from an empty spool, could only get about 20 turns of the 83 Trilene mono backing and the 150 yard's of Fuse.

When spooling the coating rubs off on my fingers, my guess is the color will come off rather quickly in the water, just hope its not a total mess like the red braids was.

Seems kind of stiff, but that may change with a few cast in the water.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~
DouGR81

Re: Sufix Fuse 832

Post by DouGR81 »

I've been using the 832 for about 9 months now. It is a great line until the coating wears off which doesn't take very long. Casting distance will decrease once it wears off and then it is essentially Sufix Performance. Still a good line as I've put it through some hairy situations and its never failed but if cost is a factor I'd go with Power Pro or Sufix Performance. I've been using the new Power Pro Super 8 Slick and am impressed so far but need a few months of use to form a real opinion on it.

I bought a used Stradic CI4 on craigslist a month ago and it was spooled with a blue braid. It is one of the better braids I've used but I cannot figure out what brand it is!
Hobie Fishing Team
2014 Hobie Oasis
Tide1on

Post by Tide1on »

DouGR81 wrote:I bought a used Stradic CI4 on craigslist a month ago and it was spooled with a blue braid. It is one of the better braids I've used but I cannot figure out what brand it is!
Could it be the blue Power Pro Super 8 Slick?
NATIVE Redfish14
Your Wallet - The one place Democrats are willing to drill

Steve
DouGR81

Post by DouGR81 »

Tide1on wrote:
DouGR81 wrote:I bought a used Stradic CI4 on craigslist a month ago and it was spooled with a blue braid. It is one of the better braids I've used but I cannot figure out what brand it is!
Could it be the blue Power Pro Super 8 Slick?
Nah it has a different texture
Hobie Fishing Team
2014 Hobie Oasis
seeinred

Post by seeinred »

I've got it on 3 of my reels and after several months of use the texture on the line is coming off and it is starting to feel like the regular suffix line. Otherwise no problems, casts fine, no wind knots or line breakage. I will probably respool with the cheaper suffix in the future.
For more kayak fishing reports, tips, and fishing charters please visit;
http://tampabaykayakcharters.com/

Spencer