Do I need a Kayak Rack for storage

Have rigging questions or a good idea? Found a good fishing product? Tell us about it.
NateS

Do I need a Kayak Rack for storage

Post by NateS »

I currently have my Tarpon 140 sitting on the ground in my garage on those rubber cushiong tiles from Home Depot. Am I asking for trouble? I have seen the PVC kayak rack posting and that looked pretty easy to make and would keep the yak off the ground. Any suggestions?? Thanks.
"I cannot help thinking that the people with motor boats miss a great deal. If they would only keep to rowboats or canoes, and use oar or paddle...they would get infinitely more benefit than by having their work done for them by gasoline.". - Theodore Roosevelt
Rik

Re: Do I need a Kayak Rack for storage

Post by Rik »

As long as you don't have anything sitting on top of the kayak you should be fine.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
strutzy

Post by strutzy »

I leave mine empty on the floor, no problem. when i need to get it out of the way, I put in a pulley system to raise it to the ceiling for storage. Look on youtube, there are some differant ideas on there.
NateS

Post by NateS »

Thanks guys
"I cannot help thinking that the people with motor boats miss a great deal. If they would only keep to rowboats or canoes, and use oar or paddle...they would get infinitely more benefit than by having their work done for them by gasoline.". - Theodore Roosevelt
fishpirate

Post by fishpirate »

fishpirate

Post by fishpirate »