Tell him we are all thinking about him.
“You don’t ever want a crisis to go to waste....” — Rahm Emanuel
"Freedom!" - Sir William Wallace
Who is John Galt?
John
Guv'ner

Re: Any word on Mark?

Post by John »

Mark had his surgery yesterday morning and all went as well as could be as expected, I will be dropping in to see him over the weekend and will send everyone's good wishes to him.
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton
MarkM
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by MarkM »

Well, I'm back. Sorta kinda anyway. I feel pretty good, too, but that's tempered by what lies ahead for me. Not real sure yet, got a pretty good idea so I can get ready for them to bring it on. Long story short, I got a little problem with my brain (we all suspected that for awhile anyway, right? lol). Never been in a hospital a day in my life then all of a sudden I'm in there for a brain operation. Trying to get everything over with at once I guess.

Like I said, I feel ok, maybe a little woozy still but on my feet again. Just trying to get back to some kind of normalcy for now. I got to go through some treatments for what they're saying should be about 6 weeks, but nothing I should't be able to handle without too much trouble. And then we go on from there.

But thanks to all the support from you guys here and all the rest of my friends (and you really don't realize how many you have until something like this happens) I feel I'll do ok down the road. Just a speed bump. Keep those prayers and well wishes coming; I KNOW that's what's gotten me through so far!

Hope to see you at the tournament on the 7th. Don't think I'll be able to fish it, but I could show up to be the scorekeeper again. (I should be a little more accurate now)

THANK YOU ALL!!!!! :salute:
Rik

Post by Rik »

MarkM wrote: I should be a little more accurate now
They didn't mess with your sense of humor!

Keep the positive attitude Mark. It really is good to hear from you.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

MarkM wrote: Long story short, I got a little problem with my brain
I am not a doctor but I knew that all along for years now. :lol:
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
John
Guv'ner

Post by John »

Great to have you back, now stop loafing and get back to work, I need ya out there :)
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Post by Manning »

Great news Mark. Nice to see that you are in good humor. Hope you will be there on the 7th.
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
backinthemangle

Post by backinthemangle »

Dear Mister MarkM,

Everbody up here at Raylene's Titty Bar & Bait Shop was real sorry to hear you had to git yore head carved
on down at that-there hospital place. We been readin' yer stuff on this-here innernet board fer years now.

There was some talk o' takin' up a collection for ya --- but, money bein' tight an' all, we opted fer somethin'
more practical. Me an' Lester slipped them two little Filipino snake dancers a fiver each, so as soon as you
can git up here, they're gonna take ya out to one o' them trailers out back an' Carolina-rig yer worm for
ya, no charge.

Sincerely,

Bubba Joe Jim Bob Beets, Jr.
Zebco Spongebob Pro Staff

PS -- Doc Hadley (well, technically, he ain't got one o' them actual diploma things, but he's been operatin'
on people in the privacy o' the back seat o' their very own automobiles fer years now) was readin' yore
earlier innernet posts along with the rest of us, an' he said one o' them high-falutin' medical things about
yore brain that we didn't unnerstand. What does "studying it at Quantico" mean?
sfurman
Supporter 2010 - 2013

Post by sfurman »

get well soon and back out on the water too!!
My posts are my opinion only.
Steve
ZeroSix

Post by ZeroSix »

Mark,

Best wishes my friend. Stay positive and know that you have a huge support staff if you need it.

Joe
“Buda! Wanna see the best thing about owning a Hobie???”

18 March - Eric Bell Memorial

Hobie Outback - Moss "Ole Blue"
Hobie Pro Angler - Dune "Big Phaddy"

Sr. Vice President ExPS-Elite -PFK-CaC
Bigfish171
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by Bigfish171 »

Good to hear from you Mark.
Hang in there. Sending you good vibes for a full & speedy recovery.
Dave
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

Good to hear from you Mark......I love your POSITIVE ATTITUDE....then again that is nothing new for YOU, you have always had that positive attitude.......Hopefully we will see you on the 7th.......Prayers and Thoughts are out to You......
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
Skeeter

Post by Skeeter »

Good to see you back on line Mark, Tommy and I both were very happy to hear from you yesterday.
You sounded very upbeat and I think you are on the mend.
The bumps in the road sometimes make us appreciate what we have, and you have much to be thankful for my friend.
Take care and see you soon.
Fishin Worms and Investment Advice Inc.
justabucup

Post by justabucup »

Glad to see you up and functional Mark..... If I were you I would ask the Doctor if higher quality Rums will kill brain tumor cells before regular brain cells. It is a personal theory that I have.

Continued good fortune on your recovery.
Credo quia absurdum
TerryW

Post by TerryW »

I'm glad to see you posting again, Mark and hope we'll see some fishing posts from in the very near future. Keeping your humor and positive attitude will no doubt make that happen sooner.
35/34.5/26 24/22/1/1

I finally found Cow Creek. It's at the end of the Road to Nowhere!
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

Ya Mon, good doins comin! Get back at it! We waiting on ya! Get better! Biotch!
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?