A few words about chartreuse....

Rik

A few words about chartreuse....

Post by Rik »

Lures allowed for PFCS #1 must follow this rule:

"If the manufacturer's description of the artificial lure color includes the word chartreuse, you can use it."

Here's a few examples:

Mirrodine packaging will state the color is CFPR. However, if you go the Mirrolure site they describe CFPR as Chartreuse Back, Pearl Belly, Silver Luminescence". The word chartreuse is in the "manufacturer's description of the artificial lure color"

Bass Assassin has a color named Space Guppy. Sure looks chartreuse but no where do they describe Space Guppy as chartreuse. Therefore, no go on Space Guppy. They do, though, have Chartreuse Pepper which does have the word chartreuse.

Several manufacturers have 'treuse' type names such as "limetreuse" and "silktreuse". Those aren't allowed. It doesn't say chartreuse.

One added note: some, like D.O.A., abbreviate chartreuse to Chart in their color charts. Chart is acceptable in the manufacturers description.

Also, the rule is "manufacturers description". Not Bass pro Shop's description or Lurenet's description or the sales guy at the tackle shop's description. The manufacturers description on the manufacturer's website.

Got it? Any questions? Any specific examples you need an "official ruling" on?
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
JoeS

Re: A few words about chartreuse....

Post by JoeS »

D.O.A......C.A.L #351 RB/Chart...????? or any od the D.O.A Chart Tail Lures......
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
Rik

Post by Rik »

Just noticed that on the DOA site while talking to someone else Joe. See my "one added note" in the original post. It's a little early for the OPCLEC to be well lubricated so we were glad this decision was easy.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

FYI-lots of choices out there that list chartreuse, here are a few.

Mirrolure colors-

http://www.mirrolure.com/classics/colorchart.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DOA colors-

http://www.doalures.com/store/index.cfm ... 65/pak.cfm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Aquadream-

http://www.aquadreamliving.com/spoons.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Slayer-

http://www.slayerinc.com/products/#ecwi ... ort=normal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.slayerinc.com/products/#ecwi ... t=11570663" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Post by Manning »

If I am using a chartreuse DOA soft plastic does it have to be on a chartreuse jig head?

I also think that the rules for this challenge should require the lure be in the picture.
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

Just so I understand(66 yrs senility)....I can use as many or Different Lures as I want as long as they meet the Chartreuse criteria.....example a Chart Tail DOA and a Chart Mirrordine and a Chart AquaDream ect ect......NO LIMIT on KIND or NUMBER???????......
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
Rik

Post by Rik »

With age comes wisdom Joe.

Yes, you can have as many of any type as long as they meet the chartreuse rule.
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

Manning wrote:If I am using a chartreuse DOA soft plastic does it have to be on a chartreuse jig head?.
I am not in charge but I would venture the answer would be what does the color on the package say on your jig heads? If not chartreuse then you cannot use it. Luckily I already have several chartreuse jig heads.
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

Dear Mr. PFCS director,

I have a list of 473 questions pertaining to chartreuse and original packaging. See, I think way outside the box and cannot firmly grasp what you mean by "If the manufacturer's description of the artificial lure color includes the word chartreuse, you can use it." I think it would be more beneficial for you to provide a complete, and I mean complete, list of what we cannot use.

If that is too much work on your behalf I could submit my 473 questions. Please let me know how you would like me to proceed.

:lol:
MarkM
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by MarkM »

So when is this tournament anyway?
Rik

Post by Rik »

Manning wrote:If I am using a chartreuse DOA soft plastic does it have to be on a chartreuse jig head?
A soft plastic on a jig head is technically two lures. So, both lures would have to fit the rule. A weedless hook is not a lure.
I also think that the rules for this challenge should require the lure be in the picture.
Okay, done. Everyone - please complain to Manning about having to put your lure in the picture.
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Post by Manning »

Manning wrote:
Rik wrote:
Okay, done. Everyone - please complain to Manning about having to put your lure in the picture.
Thanks Rik. Since I stopped posting in the Politics forum here I have missed people bitching at me. I went out and did a little shopping today.

Steve
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

Love Me Some S.S.T...... :cheers:
dunfly

Post by dunfly »

How about a chartruese clouser for those elite anglers who prefer the long rod?
:flyfisher:
“You don’t ever want a crisis to go to waste....” — Rahm Emanuel
"Freedom!" - Sir William Wallace
Who is John Galt?
Rik

Post by Rik »

dunfly wrote:How about a chartruese clouser for those elite anglers who prefer the long rod?
:flyfisher:
Let me run it by the Official PFCS#1 Chartreuse Lure Eligibility Committee......

Okay, sounds good!
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Post by Manning »

The only problem is that chartreuse lures don't work.
Oh, wait a minute....never mind.

Steve