An Old Familar Place

Flamingo to Big Bend
Heywood

An Old Familar Place

Post by Heywood »

I was joined by Team Becker this past weekend, and while the fishing was so-so, the company was great. So were the apple / peanut butter slices. Anyway, it started out a bit breezy but as the morning wore on, it started to die down and we all thought it would turn out to be a good day. A few small reds mixed in with the mullet was about the only thing going on, that is until Greg and Robert found the trout. Robert hooked and landed his personal best, just a bit over 21". As Greg was taking my picture for a future article, Robert tries to "photobomb" me and get in the picture.

I had to give him the ole elbow to keep him out of the picture. It didnt work.

Robert Becker, he is turning out to be a great young angler.

As the wind picked up, the Googans came out of the woodwork. Whats a "Googan"?

This is.

As the bite died down, (Gee I wonder why?), I decided to take Team Becker to a small creek that used to hold lots of snook during these winter low tides.

I told Robert where to cast, he made a perfect cast, let the lure sit for a few moments till things calmed down, made a twitch or two........BLAMO!!!!

And just like that, it came unbuttoned. It was like all the air coming out of a huge ballon, the look on Roberts face said it all.

All I heard on the way out was "Hey Mr. Howard, when are we coming back?"
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
TRKpoker

Re: An Old Familar Place

Post by TRKpoker »

Days like that you just dont forget!!!

Re: An Old Familar Place

Post by 0119 »

I hate Googans