Hey snook! Go hide!

Rik

Hey snook! Go hide!

Post by Rik »

Sunday is opening day AND saltwater license-free day.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
bicoastal

Re: Hey snook! Go hide!

Post by bicoastal »

:thumbs_down:
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 The Red Rocket
Wilderness Systems Ride 135 Sage
justabucup

Post by justabucup »

They always do
Credo quia absurdum
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Post by Manning »

Like always...going to catch them and let them go.
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
TerryW

Post by TerryW »

I hate that they opened the season and doing so on the license-free day is makes it a Double Dumbazz move.
35/34.5/26 24/22/1/1

I finally found Cow Creek. It's at the end of the Road to Nowhere!
shamus
The Beaver Tickler

Post by shamus »

Not really Terry. The folks who would take advantage of a no license day are either not fishermen and they would only catch a limit size fish by extreme luck or they are poacher.The poachers have been keeping Snook right along and size and bag limits meant nothing to them any way. I can prove my point. Head to the North Venice Jetty tomorrow and just watch the cluster f&$% that will be going on. Half the folks use wire leaders others frozen shrimp. A Snook would actually have to hook itself to get caught by these guys.
0 0 1
TerryW

Post by TerryW »

I guess that is sort of good news. It's just that I have seen newbies catching snook on the Anna Maria Piers with live bait at night.
shamus wrote:Not really Terry. The folks who would take advantage of a no license day are either not fishermen and they would only catch a limit size fish by extreme luck or they are poacher.The poachers have been keeping Snook right along and size and bag limits meant nothing to them any way. I can prove my point. Head to the North Venice Jetty tomorrow and just watch the cluster f&$% that will be going on. Half the folks use wire leaders others frozen shrimp. A Snook would actually have to hook itself to get caught by these guys.
35/34.5/26 24/22/1/1

I finally found Cow Creek. It's at the end of the Road to Nowhere!
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

shamus wrote:Not really Terry. The folks who would take advantage of a no license day are either not fishermen and they would only catch a limit size fish by extreme luck or they are poacher.The poachers have been keeping Snook right along and size and bag limits meant nothing to them any way. I can prove my point. Head to the North Venice Jetty tomorrow and just watch the cluster f&$% that will be going on. Half the folks use wire leaders others frozen shrimp. A Snook would actually have to hook itself to get caught by these guys.
Do you use wire and frozen shrimp?
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM