That guy at the top of the page...

Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

That guy at the top of the page...

Post by Norm »

Just to keep everyone updated...Bill"Heywood"Howard, went into the hospital Wednesday night with chest pains. He has since been released and is now at home resting. He did take a stress test and passed it, but as I understand there are some other issues going on.
As most of you may know he has been struggling for the last couple of years with some mysterious ailment that has frustrated both him and his doctors (of which there has been quite a parade of). These other issues maybe related to his recurring illness. Actually the real root of his problem is getting a proper diagnosis of just what the heck is wrong. Once that occurs, than hopefully a treatment will follow that will return him to the grumpy old fart that we have come to enjoy and love over the past years.
I ask from all of you to pray that someone will guide him in the right direction to help him solve this dilemma.
Get well soon buddy :!:
Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld
Skeeter

Re: That guy at the top of the page...

Post by Skeeter »

My thoughts and prayers are with you Bill.
Fishin Worms and Investment Advice Inc.
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

Get Well Bill.......
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
Ump608

Post by Ump608 »

Sending good mojo your way Bill, get well...
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

I hope you are feeling better Bill.
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Cranky old bastard will be fine!
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
sfurman
Supporter 2010 - 2013

Post by sfurman »

Gas...

Hope you feel better Bill.
My posts are my opinion only.
Steve
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

Thanks guys.

Steve, I wish it was just gas. :lol:

So, I was at my rheumatologists office on Weds getting an IV infusion called a Myers Cocktail. Basically what this is, is a high dose of vitamins in IV form. I've had seven of these before and was really feeling a lot better. It was boosting my immune system and I was really starting to see some results. (My wife and daughter both had colds before Thanksgiving, and I didn't catch it). I had finished and gone out to my car to drive to work and thought I had better go back in and use the bathroom before driving to Lakeland. That's when the fun started. My urine was the color of really dark beer. I thought "Well this aint right" and went back to see one of the techs. From there it went down hill. I started feeling weak and my chest began to hurt. Worst pain I have ever had. At this point I really thought I was having a heart attack. So they called the meat wagon and hauled me over to Tampa General. I was there until late Thurs night, had all kinds of tests done and they determined that I did not have a heart attack. My kidneys however were not working really good. The influx of 500cc of fluid all at once may have triggered the whole thing. Once my kidneys started, my blood pressure went through the roof, giving me the chest pains. That's the theory anyway.

SO, I'm off in the morning to have more blood work done, and pending the results I may end up going up to the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville to see if they can figure out what's going on. I've been chasing this thing for over two years now and its long past due that I get some answers.

Thanks again to those of you checking in on me. It was a pretty scary ordeal that I hope I never have to go through again.
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
Rik

Post by Rik »

I've had many Myers Cocktails. My favorite is the Myers Ginger Mojito. The infusion technique is different. I always just poured mine in a glass.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
DoubleM

Post by DoubleM »

Best of luck Bill, wishing you a speedy diagnosis and recovery.
Mark .aka. Man of Purpose. Original Chincy Jones

Ultimate 14.5 sand & blue Indian River Outdoorsman.

The jig is up and weedless.
sfurman
Supporter 2010 - 2013

Post by sfurman »

Nothing worse than going to the hospital, especially if you are not just on a visit.
My posts are my opinion only.
Steve