Kayak for Coop

Heywood

Kayak for Coop

Post by Heywood »

I think one of the wonderful things about the Paddle-Fishing community is that in times of need, we pull together to help out. Kayak for Coop was no exception. Despite falling on the same date as the DOA, we had a great turnout. Without the support of the many generous sponsors, this wouldn't have turned out as well as it did.

Please drop them a message on their Facebook page and tell them thanks.

Hurricane Kayaks
Native Watercraft
West Wall Boat Works
Metalfab
HooRags
42 Tackle Company
RailRider Clothing
Fins
YAK Gear
Carolina Custom Rods
Breathes Like A Fish
DOA Lures
Aqua Dream
Riptide
Masthead Sailing Gear
Steve Whitlock Game Fish Art
Mirrolure
Canoe Country Outfitters
Nuts Hookers jigs
Bull Bay Rods
Hooks by Ty
Gambler Lures
Ego Nets
Egret Baits
Logic Lures
Pro-Cure
Slayer Lures
Action Watersports
Arctic Ice
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
Rik

Re: Kayak for Coop

Post by Rik »

Personal note here. Bill, Arik and I spent a lot of time and effort putting this together and not a single second was complained about. When we saw the response from the sponsors and then , on Saturday, from the anglers and folks who showed up at O'Leary's we were overwhelmed. This is one fantastic community of people. Please let those sponsors know that their donations were appreciated. Those of us there on Saturday got to see and feel the appreciation - who didn't feel their heart tugged when Cooper pulled the raffle tickets? - but the sponsors need your input.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Ump608

Post by Ump608 »

Yes, what a great day to be a part of true brotherly fellowship to help when called upon. It was very touching to see "Coop" there. Great turnout and what a great job raising money. Special kuddos out to Bill, Rik and Arik.

Don't forget one additional sponsor "YouFit" health clubs, I know kinda weird but there are a few of us that could use a little help in the exercise realm.....

I truly hope that no one received a parking ticket and if so I apologize. I had a meeting with parking Enforcement and believed that things were worked out and that some parking would be designated for participants. I was disappointed when it got to the Bayfront and nothing was done, once again it I apologize.
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

Ump608 wrote: Don't forget one additional sponsor "YouFit" health clubs, I know kinda weird but there are a few of us that could use a little help in the exercise realm.....
Sorry about that John, Thanks again for your help. I did see the parking cops out there when I left. They got a white pathfinder that was parked up on the grass.
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Post by jbdba01 »

Yeah...they got me. I either had to double park or back in. I saw the sign that said "no backing in", but didn't see that sign on the grass side so I backed with the kayak extending over the bushes and into the grass. It was either that or have it sticking 5' into the driveway where someone would hit it for sure.

After the weigh in I saw this:

Mind you I'm not a big fan of being separated from my $, but oddly I saw the fine and just threw it in the truck and just drove home. Didn't even think about the $35. I got home and recapped the day with the wife and what a great event it was. She's following them on FB now.

Anyway I was emptying out the truck and came across the ticket and handed it over to the CEO and said - "Oh yeah I forgot to tell you I didn't win any auction items, won a couple raffle items, and oh yeah...I did get this ticket."

She looked it over and said "Hey - it's just a warning."

Guess I had some good karma going that day. Without a doubt the best and most rewarding PFTS done to date - IMHO.
JB
DoubleM

Post by DoubleM »

Thanks for your hard work guys. It was a worthy cause that I was happy to participate in.
Mark .aka. Man of Purpose. Original Chincy Jones

Ultimate 14.5 sand & blue Indian River Outdoorsman.

The jig is up and weedless.