Net Ban Hearing

sfurman
Supporter 2010 - 2013

Net Ban Hearing

Post by sfurman »

From Ted Forsgren,
To All – On May 15, the First District Court of Appeal will hear arguments from both sides of the net ban mesh size lawsuit. The hearing will be in Tallahassee beginning at 2 PM. As I understand the rules each side will be given 15 minutes to present their statement and then answer questions from the three judges assigned to the case. The Judges are Robert Benton, Kent Wetherell, and Simone Marstiller. No testimony will be allowed from the public. Word on the street is that the netters are going to roll out a crowd and give demonstrations outside at the Courthouse. We need to have a good showing of supporters to be in the hearing to demonstrate our strong support.

The hearing will begin at 2 PM so you don’t have to come in early or stay overnight. Please plan to attend and bring other CCA members. Remember you don’t have to speak. We need to show strong support for the law that was approved by an overwhelming 72 percent Yes vote!! Let’s do this and do it right! Ted
My posts are my opinion only.
Steve
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Re: Net Ban Hearing

Post by DaveR »

Amazing that this debate rolls on. Money talks!
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
sfurman
Supporter 2010 - 2013

Post by sfurman »

As time passes people forget and many 20 somthings and even some 30 somthings have never seen a gill net in action, they stand to lose the most IMO.
Steve
sfurman
Supporter 2010 - 2013

Post by sfurman »

First court of appeals reverses Judge Fulford's ruling, this is good waiting now for the time for a final motion to expire.
Steve
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Thanks for the update. Good news.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
sfurman
Supporter 2010 - 2013

Post by sfurman »

Yea, looks like we are in the clear for now, I am sure they will try again, they learn something new everytime and they made progress this last time. Although I think the legal system learned a few things too.
Steve