Thank You

Heywood

Thank You

Post by Heywood »

I just want to thank everyone for the thoughts and prayers. My stay at the Mayo Clinic has come to an end and I finally came home yesterday.

Long story short, I had a mass on my left adrenal gland. This was producing to much Aldosterone, which in turn was causing my kidneys to dump all my potassium, among other things. After numerous tests, we decided to have it removed. Normally it would have been an easy operation, done with a scope in a few hours. However, they had a hard time seeing the gland (its tucked away on top of your kidney) so I had to have an open surgery.

7 days and one gnarly scar later, they released me from the hospital. Another week of blood labs and I was cleared to go home. Needless to say I'm pretty sore, tired and beat up. But coming home is the best medicine.

I'm gonna give myself plenty of time to heal and build my strength back up, and hopefully I'll be back on the water by the end of the year.

Thanks again to those of you that kept my spirits up with the texts and pictures. It meant a lot.
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Re: Thank You

Post by krash »

Welcome back.... here's to getting better :thumbright: :thumbright: , do what the doctors say.

Side note -- My heart doctor told me today (2 years post heart surgery) I should go see a Kidney doctor due to something he sees in my blood labs from last week.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

Yeah Buddy, that's great!! Nice to have an answer and solution. Sore and tired is all right if there is a light at the end of the tunnel (and it's not a train)! Be lookin to see you soon! :cheers: :thumbright: :thumbright:
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
shamus
The Beaver Tickler

Post by shamus »

When your all healed up we will go tickle some Mayaka beavers.
0 0 1
Ump608

Post by Ump608 »

Great news Haywood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shamus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too many "a's" aye. Damn man "Myakka"
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

Ump608 wrote:Great news Haywood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shamus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too many "a's" aye. Damn man "Myakka"
Ump, he can call it whatever he wants if it gets Bill out! :thumbright:
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
bicoastal

Post by bicoastal »

Congrats Bill. Hoping you have a quick recovery!
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 The Red Rocket
Wilderness Systems Ride 135 Sage
Ump608

Post by Ump608 »

Mark R,

True, I would agree with that.....................love ta see Haywood back on the water.

Just like messin' with Shamus. Did ya ever notice he talks funny, he even types with an accent.....
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

Ump608 wrote:Mark R,

True, I would agree with that.....................love ta see Haywood back on the water.

Just like messin' with Shamus. Did ya ever notice he talks funny, he even types with an accent.....
Walks funny too. Don't even go to paddling.
Wuluf

Post by Wuluf »

Great news Bill! Get well and head to South Florida for that Flamingo trip you owe me.
Wuluf