Anna Maria Offshore

SPORTSFAN

Anna Maria Offshore

Post by SPORTSFAN »

Hi guys, I have read many posts on the adventures of fishing offshore at Anna Maria especially for Tarpon. I just ordered a Wheeleez axle set and will create a cart to haul my kayak over the sand to the water. I fish out of a Jackson Big Tuna and it's just over a 100lbs with no gear. I very much would like to be a tag a long with some of the more experienced members. I have been pulled around by a few fairly big Bonnet Head sharks and one large Ray that got my attention. I'm OK with being pulled to Mexico as long as someone knows that's where I was heading, LoL. After the first of the year my time frees up greatly and would love to go out pretty much anytime. My son will be back from college in a week or so and we are going to design the cart together. Look forward to sharing the pics of our creation. Cheers Jules.
Rik

Re: Anna Maria Offshore

Post by Rik »

There won't be much offshore fishing from a kayak until the tarpon show up. For some of us, that is April but for the rest it is May. It is usually too rough to sih offshore during the winter months anyway.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley