Power pro OR Tuf-line

Power pro.
68%
Tuf-line
32%

Total votes: 37

TroutTracker

Post by TroutTracker »

I had some time to kill earlier today and was in Wal-Mart....looked at thier PP priced at 14.00 for 150 yrds...
if you saw it fopr 10 snatch it up if thats what you want.
Yeller Scupper Pro

John
justabucup

Post by justabucup »

Power pro I have had the same line on for two years and it is still just fine. Yes it is bone white but the older it gets the fewer power pro moments I have to deal with
Credo quia absurdum
LivelyBaits

Speaking of power pro, there was this string....

Post by LivelyBaits »

So there was this string.

He was dying for a beer. So he went down to the corner bar.

When he walked in the door, the bartender said we do not serve your kind here. So the string left all sad and still in need of a beer.

When the string got back home he decided to fray the end of his string, messed it up good and then tied a big old knot.

He marched back into the bar and the bartender said aren't you the guy I kicked out earlier?

The string said....Nope, I'm a frayed knot!
pee-dash-eff, "Desperate. H.W"
prowler13angler

Post by prowler13angler »

Hmm thats some good info :D , I might just stick to what i use now, or i might just buy tuf line to try new things.
dano

Post by dano »

I will usually go with the Tuf-stuf to save a couple of $$$. I think it feels more limp offering longer casts.
LHolman

Post by LHolman »

Does anyone know where I might be abloe to find Tuf Line here in the St. Petersburg area, preferably close to Gulfport? :?
Skeeter

Post by Skeeter »

Holy Mackerel Tackle.
49 St. Pinellas Park
Fishin Worms and Investment Advice Inc.
LHolman

Post by LHolman »

Thanks. :D
Mako

Post by Mako »

I like PP and haven't had many problems with it. Wind knots have happened on my baitcasters when "I" make a mistake. I wish it would keep the green color longer though. It seems however that they might be very similar with the only difference being the price. I might have to try TL
Peter
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
apollobeachsam

Post by apollobeachsam »

Bought a pack of 10lb Sufix braid and tried it yesterday in 10-20mph wind no wind knots yet.. Could be just luck but so far so good. Currently my favorite for casting/wind knot compremise is Stren superbraid.

#1 wind knot problem, no matter what brand, I've noticed is when you reel the line leader knot into the guide when you cast that's when 80% of my problems happens.
mauso1
Supporter 2007 - 2013

Post by mauso1 »

crocs...

seriously though I prefer PPro
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
LivelyBaits

Post by LivelyBaits »

Months later... My tuff line spools continue to have fewer problems than the spools of power pro I have.

But, yes, "user error" is still an issue. Most times when I have a Great Googly Moggly moment, it's because I was trying for the King Kong cast instead of using normal procedures.
pee-dash-eff, "Desperate. H.W"
TroutTracker

Post by TroutTracker »

One thing I've noticed about PP is that after time the "coating" wears off and leaves a chalky residue on the line and the color fades.

With Tuf-Line even after one year on a reel the line still retains its color and has no residue on it.
Yeller Scupper Pro

John

tuff line

Post by Guest »

is way better. it has ZERO memory. i normally get tuf line but i bo8ught a reel at dogfish and all they had to spool it with was PP. and i regret it every day. it fades quicker, frays more, and has memory FOR-EV-ER!

i guess im just JDM like that
See N Red97

Post by See N Red97 »

Ive switched almost all my gear to TL with little to no problems. Ive had 3 bad spools of PP where it ruined a fishing trip let alone wasted me a hamilton.

Im so JDM i sleep on the right side of the bed.
Snook Sniper

Post by Snook Sniper »

tuff line is better.

jdm takeover.
-Steve-O

[email protected] if u want a night time snook fishing memory.