Bull Reds

Flamingo to Big Bend
nemo327

Bull Reds

Post by nemo327 »

Wednesday incoming tide no wind moon dark. This was the formula for success. There were Bull reds along Caladesi island. I caught 2 over thirty and kept 1 22 in. for dinner. My tape only gos to 28 in. they were over that by an estimated 4 to 6 inches. Really weird bite I used cut mullet for bait and when they took it the bite started out like pinfish nibbles. Soon there was the heavy pull I associate with reds but initially they nibbled. Then the sleigh ride began a 12 lb fish can really move a Kayak.
Tide1on

Re: Bull Reds

Post by Tide1on »

Those big bulldozers are really great to catch!
NATIVE Redfish14
Your Wallet - The one place Democrats are willing to drill

Steve
sfurman
Supporter 2010 - 2013

Post by sfurman »

Nice.
My posts are my opinion only.
Steve
hector_750

Post by hector_750 »

What factors do you guys look when fishing for reds? Ive fished around ft desoto, pass a grille, and cockroach bay, ive landed snook and trout but never a red. I dont get out to often cause i live a little over an hour away from cockroach bay so the others are even a little further. Ive tried popping corks with live bait, some artificial but no luck. Anyway any pointers or good spots to try would be greatly appreciated, Ft. Desoto by the way doesnt take long to get crazy with boaters! So ive been staying away.
nemo327

Post by nemo327 »

Look for Mangrove shoreline with current, The reds are in the trees at high tide. Also find mullet schools the reds are following them or under them if it is deep. Finally cut mullet if artificial lures fail. I have good results with DOA shrimp. Light colors in clear water dark colors in murky water.
hector_750

Post by hector_750 »

Thanks for the tip, will definitely give it a try!