Poor Man's Fishing Kayak

If you use one that is listed, please add a review. If a kayak or canoe that you would like to give a review of is not listed, please add it. This is also where you can show off your boat.
Kon Tiki

Poor Man's Fishing Kayak

Post by Kon Tiki »

I'm very new to yak fishing and have added a few things to my 8' plastic raft. I made a youtube video describing what I did to it for my non-fisherman friends up in New York, so parts of it might be boring to a seasoned yakker, but, I bet there still might be a thing or two in there that might raise your eyebrow.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OnxGU-i_z4
mrpj1972

Re: Poor Man's Fishing Kayak

Post by mrpj1972 »

That was awesome! I was completely mesmerized by your simple & effective thinking.
TRKpoker

Post by TRKpoker »

yea i really liked your video....great job
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

Liked your engineering concepts........excellent video.......I will say the more you fish these waters from a paddle craft you will find that "Less is More"......Oh and welcome........
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
IntimiGator

Post by IntimiGator »

I've seen the Kon Tiki rock some big redfish,trout and snook. Marty can catch some fish!

Now if I could just get him to lose the anchor/weight and let those big reds pull him on a flats sleigh ride.
Kon Tiki

Post by Kon Tiki »

Rick, you are too kind! And a few weeks back, I was drifting and saw a disturbance in a Mullet school. I threw the bone colored Spook Jr. over it and nailed a 34" snook!! It pulled me around for quite a while :) You woulda been proud seeing me go on my first sleigh ride.
vertseven

Post by vertseven »

Great video, Kon Tiki. I'm really digging your toolbox setup. If I've learned anything while fishing the river, it's that PVC and bungee chords are your best friend.
DirksFishin

Post by DirksFishin »

I'd have to say that was pretty bad azz. A lot of thought went into all this and the video was cool too. I am in the language of the modern day kids ballin on a budget too. I'm ridding cheap until I can upgrade but it doesn't stop me from hanging with this seasoned crew. You took a Honda CRX and turned it into a hummer. Good job man. The tool box / bait well was my favorite.
Derek

I hear possum taste like chicken.