Choice of colors?

Questions and answers on anything related to kayak or canoe fishing
Kingwood Kayaker

Post by Kingwood Kayaker »

Backlasher wrote:Different John! He spent about 3 hrs. in a duck blind on Brown & root flats. And you're right about the emergency gear. It's embarassing to list all the stuff I bought after that day. I even have a VHF radio now. I look forward to seeing all of you again. If there's anything I can do to help, just holler.
I hear ya, Larry. You can tell who was on the B&R side and who was on the LHL side. I promise, if you were on the B&R side, there was no gear that was going to help. I had the VHF, Rain gear, a tie downs for the yak, that stuff just didn't matter. You just weren't going to get home.

I was with a competitive swimmer and he even tried to swim back across the channel while I held his yak. No luck, the water just pushed him back out on B&R. Your only option was to get blown back into the bay. Some of those that were closer to the shoreline were able to reach out and grab a mangrove limb as they cruised by. :lol:

Those bright colors made a huge difference in helping us located the stranded paddlers on the B&R side. I would have loved to have been on the LHL side, that would have been a blast getting to ride the wind back to the truck. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Phil
shallowrider

Post by shallowrider »

I just bought a sunrise colored ocean prowler 15 because I wanted a visible yak and a color some of the other guys dont have just to be different.