Fishing tips for St Lucie and Fort Pierce

Naples to West Palm and south, including the Keys
beyondhelp

Fishing tips for St Lucie and Fort Pierce

Post by beyondhelp »

It's quiet in this forum so I figured I'd post up and see if I could get some ideas.

I live in Saint Lucie near the river and I haven't had much luck. I have refined my gear a bit, eliminating unnecessary swivels, lightweight power pro and flourocarbon. I have been trying DOA glo-shrimp, rootbeer shrimp, an x-rap, assorted bass worms, live shrimp etc...
I have even thought about having Food Structure Current tattooed on my casting hand :lol:

Best I have caught was this jack on a rubber worm

What I am asking is the best way to fish an area like this?

Photo credit goes to Captain Charlie (I took it from his site.)
MrSpectaculous

Post by MrSpectaculous »

Thats real nice! I'd go DOA paddle tails and Weedless jerkbait...and a mirrow minnow. Nice Jack!
I think I can dance.
Bill
Ultimate 14.5
Purple Emotion GS
beyondhelp

Post by beyondhelp »

Thanks! It was a real confidence boost to hook up with the jack as it was the first fish caught in a kayak. I was using a light action rod and he pulled me around a bit. He's still very green in the pic and it was amusing trying to take the pic, hold the paddle and camera etc...
Randy

Greetings

Post by Randy »

Greetings from another PSL person, nice jack. The only thing wrong with him is I didnt get him.
Doa has always been my go-to choice whether a shrimp or terroreyz or cal jigs. The old stand by gold spoon works great too. Tight lines.....Randy
BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Post by BearsFan »

Down there I would go top water or some sort of darker color jig, that is if I was not using flys of course....
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"You think you have problems now? Follow your instincts, it will get worse" -Hatch