New WS Ride

If you use one that is listed, please add a review. If a kayak or canoe that you would like to give a review of is not listed, please add it. This is also where you can show off your boat.
mauso1
Supporter 2007 - 2013

New WS Ride

Post by mauso1 »

Anybody test drive one yet?

Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
Redfisher

Post by Redfisher »

I had a few comments but did not intend on posting them in this section because Rik asked for reviews from people who own the kayaks I have only rented the Ride but here's what I thought.
redfisher wrote:
X-Capt Bill wrote:Things like speed, tracking, stability and fisherman friendly features are main items of interest.
speed= well it's no racer,but I don't think it's too slow.=not an issue anyway

tracking=pretty straight -that crazy hull design seems to work very well-A rudder is now an option for the ride also due to the new design.

stability=Rock solid-I am a fat guy and I can stand up in it.

fisherman friendly features =I'll start at the front and work back.
1- There is this neat little bungee with a bead on it so it is easy to slide your paddle or your rod under.

2-It has a big front hatch that is TEATHERED so if it does blow off while you are driving you don't lose it.(each hatch is like that)

3- the new center console gives you a place in the middle to mount a rod holder(had to put it on the side before) and a cup holder.(had to drink your beer all at once before :D )

4- useable day hatches that aren't under water.

5-an awesome seat(that doesn't have to be taken out like my Prowler)

6-a cool little tackle tray with a molded in spot for it.OK so that probably wont get used much ,but it's a cool feature. :D

7-one of the biggest improvements-It now has a HUGE tankwell.

8-It now accepts a rudder and the rear carry handle is offset so it doesn't have to be removed or replaced.
Overall I really liked it.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
fishinfoflounder

East Coast Canoe & Kayak Expo

Post by fishinfoflounder »

I went to before mentioned & test paddled a number of 'yaks. The Ride was one of them. It was very stable,a little wet.
Set up is nice. Lots of storage space.
I wasn't impressed with the speed, tracking was good.
All in all I'd give it a 7 out of 10.
DAILY THOUGHT: MOST PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY
BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.