Im finally gonna start!

Have rigging questions or a good idea? Found a good fishing product? Tell us about it.
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

Here is a pic of my progress. I circled what all I did and typed text in on paintshop. However its hard to see, the pic shrunk from the one i made on paint, to the one on photobucket...... :lol:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/ ... 1180982913
"I tell you now we won't give in
Without a vicious fight, We've been battered and left for dead, We've been beaten and we have bled-Versus the world" ~Amon Amarth
fishinfoflounder

Anchor trolley

Post by fishinfoflounder »

Don't buy an anchor trolley. Make one. I'm no genious & I made this one. I got about $10 in it.
And you really don't have to get this ellaborate.
DAILY THOUGHT: MOST PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY
BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

Mine is similar except I use these. They (trolleys) are not hard to install and doing it yourself, you get to put things where they work for you.
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
ratherbefishin

Post by ratherbefishin »

Once you get your trolley rigged, go to Home Depot and pick up a retractable clothesline. I think mine was $9.95, it is white plastic and has 25' of line on it. I, too, got sick of the anchor line always being tangled, etc. This is alot cheaper than the dog leash things that I've seen and as you pull in the anchor it just automatically rolls back in the housing. I zip tied it to my crate.

The only problem is if you need to disconnect the anchor in a hurry, but I typically don't catch fish that I need to chase. So far, this works real well for me.
Curt

Well, hell, SOMEBODY has to catch lizardfish.
Sundancer

Post by Sundancer »

Just for future reference, and this is the old "Coastie" coming out in me, but you should not have mounted the pulley over top of the Hull Identification Numbers. A hard @$$ L.E. officer can write you up for that. Especially if you have destroyed the numbers by drilling through them.
pag_yaker

Post by pag_yaker »

Most manufacturers have the serial number in 2 places on the boat. The "other" location can be found by contacting the manufacturer. It's hidden to aid in recovery in case of theft.
Jerry White
Contributing author for Paddling.net since 2005
Contributing author for Florida Sportsman Magazine
Member - Florida Outdoor Writers Association
Redfisher

Post by Redfisher »

Flounder, why didn't you use the recesses that are made for an anchor trolley?
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
fishinfoflounder

Post by fishinfoflounder »

redfisher wrote:Flounder, why didn't you use the recesses that are made for an anchor trolley?
Cause I'm a tard. Is that what those are?
DAILY THOUGHT: MOST PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY
BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.
Redfisher

Post by Redfisher »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
Redfisher

Post by Redfisher »