Good Times in AMI

Flamingo to Big Bend
fishlkcrzy

Good Times in AMI

Post by fishlkcrzy »

My girlfriend and I went to Anna Maria Island this past weekend. We stayed at the Silver Surf hotel right on Gulf Drive. We had an amazing time out there! We took the kayaks with us and fished for two days straight! The first day we were out there we fished and fished and fished, not much luck :(
My girlfriend (Jess) definitely out-fished me, although she was using live bait.
1st day, 2 reds around 20in or so.

This is one of Jess's reds that she caught the first day

On the second day (Sunday) she out fished me again! It was ok though because on the last cast of the day I was walking along the mangrove line and I got what felt like a little nibble. Then all at once my rod doubled over and the drag started screaming! She was a big one! She started to run back into the mangroves but I managed to steer her out of there.

After about 7 or 8 minutes of fighting with this fish I ended up landing my biggest red to date! 28in!!! One of the most exciting times in my life! I can't wait to catch bigger ones!

Thanks to TerryW and Prowler for helping me out with a couple different places to go. You guys made my weekend AWESOME! Well, you guys and the fact that my girlfriend was there fishing with me for two days straight. Catching fish and spending time with your best friend... what more could you ask for?!
Fish Naked!!!
JoseC

Post by JoseC »

Sounds like you guys had a great time out there, and congrats on the big red. What did he eat?
Jose C

Hobie Revolution
fishlkcrzy

Post by fishlkcrzy »

1/8 oz jig w/ DOA avocado paddletail

Sorry, forgot to add that part in there :)
Fish Naked!!!
prowler

Post by prowler »

no worrries mate!!
"What if the fairy is a crazy glue sniffing fairy? "build model airplanes!" the fairy says. The next thing you know theres money missing of your dresser and your daughter is knocked up!" Tommy boy
TerryW

Post by TerryW »

I'm glad to see that you had a blast. Well, not too glad since you found a red I haven't been able to find there recently. :wink:

It's great to see girls fishing from a kayak. Now you just gotta get her to be successful on artificials.
35/34.5/26 24/22/1/1

I finally found Cow Creek. It's at the end of the Road to Nowhere!
Mako

Post by Mako »

nice report....those flats are always good....my place to go when spending summer at AMI
Peter
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

I guess your girlfriend does not adhere to your signature? :lol:
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
mudfish

Post by mudfish »

TerryW wrote:...It's great to see girls fishing from a kayak. Now you just gotta get her to be successful on artificials.
I know it's 2k8 but I still prefer naturals myself.

j/k 'flc' :wink:
-Cisco-

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

- Eleanor Roosevelt -
fishnfinatic

Post by fishnfinatic »

Good job Tony.
Tight Lines
Shawn