Carbon composite grip revisited.....

noles

Carbon composite grip revisited.....

Post by noles »

Remember this rod with the carbon composite grip?

Shortly after it was finished, I handed it over to my R&D team (JD) to see how the grip & rod would perform. Well, it looks like I'm not getting the rod back. He's been tormenting the snooks of Cow Creek Beach with that rod.

Over this past weekend, I was "forced" to come down to his neck of the woods to take some photos of the rod in action. So here are some pictures:

JD showing how to catch snook using a freaking DOA shrimp:

Psst...you going to eat that? Said the heron.

And of course my little snook caught using a freaking DOA shrimp.

I am not sure what the total count was for the morning, probably a dozen each. If you know me,
I am not a fan of the DOA shrimp. I actually brought along a 5 or 6 year glow shrimp that someone gave me.
We'll after this trip, I learned to respect the shrimp as a great lure. I'll definitely add a pack to my tackle box.

So why am I not getting the rod back JD?
"whose that little motherf***er with the fly rod"
forced2work

Post by forced2work »

the post office broke the tip off.....
jd

Re: Carbon composite grip revisited.....

Post by jd »

noles wrote:So why am I not getting the rod back JD?
This is absolutely the best beach snook rod I have ever used. At first I thought the grip might be slick, but it is in fack tacky and extremely comfortable. The blank is perfect for the beach A St. Croix 8-17lb with plenty of backbone and a stiff tip that makes it easy to pop the DOA.

The beaches are crawling with snook and this rod will be my go to rod for years to come. I have matched with an Okuma Epixor 30, since reels take a beating on the beach and this inexpensive reel has a great drag for the price. Spend the money on your rod for the beach and pick up a less expensive real with a good drag.

Thanks for the rod Noles! :D
I have trouble acting normal.
yohan1973

Post by yohan1973 »

Very nice!
Stanley Steemer, carpet cleaner.