Bananas and Donkey nuts...

Flamingo to Big Bend
FLPat

Post by FLPat »

That is incredible!! Congratulations!

I LOOOVE pickled eggs -- a Pennsylvania Dutch tradition. I haven't had one for years.

And we are goin' fishing when??? lol!

Pat & her Heritage Redfish
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

Quick Pickled egg trick........Buy a jar of pickled beets eat the beets, hardboil a few eggs replace the beets with eggs fridge for a day........Pickled Eggs........
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
TerryW

Post by TerryW »

JoeS wrote:Quick Pickled egg trick........Buy a jar of pickled beets eat the beets, hardboil a few eggs replace the beets with eggs fridge for a day........Pickled Eggs........
That's the recipe a friend's father always used. Good stuff.
35/34.5/26 24/22/1/1

I finally found Cow Creek. It's at the end of the Road to Nowhere!
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

Mista BigStuff - The Nascar Pimped out Snook catching machine :lol:
mauso1
Supporter 2007 - 2013

Post by mauso1 »

Betcha Norm stocks up on bananas now...
Trade ya a La Gloria fer a banana... :lol:
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
LivelyBaits

Post by LivelyBaits »

Pickled eggs and beets are a favorite of mine too. Someone's gotta bring some to a future goomba.

Norm, I'm happy that you connected on that snook. I enjoyed getting that excited message from you and then hearing the story. Norm rigged his buzz tail the same way I do to catch summertime beach snook. On a 1/16 Mission. The other one that deadly after dark on this species is the silk chartreuse.

If you or Gary sends me the photos, I'll forward them on to the Bayhi's at 12 Fathom

Neil
pee-dash-eff, "Desperate. H.W"
seeinred

Post by seeinred »

Awesome snook Norm! I've heard a lot of good things about those baits, especially for sightfishing.
For more kayak fishing reports, tips, and fishing charters please visit;
http://tampabaykayakcharters.com/

Spencer
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

LivelyBaits wrote:Pickled eggs and beets are a favorite of mine too. Someone's gotta bring some to a future goomba.

Neil
Back in the day my mother used to can about 25 jars of Pickled Eggs and Beets a winter........I recently asked her for the process and all I got was the cold stare from her eyes, then I realized this was another theft of Dementia I will never get back.........
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Post by Manning »

Leave it to a guy from "da Burgh" to have a thing for pickled eggs and beets.

Note to self... As I am getting up there in years it is my responsibility to pass on to my kids those things that could get lost at a later date. Kids coming to visit soon... Take them fishing.
paddlaroun

Post by paddlaroun »

WOW! Great fish there buddy. First i saw of it. You did good. 38+ you had to out do me :wink: Hope the big Snook don't get caught too far out on all the flats if a bad cold front moves through.
Dan Native 12
"Sleep in fish late"

"I know the waters cold! Wet your hand anyway!!!"
LivelyBaits

Post by LivelyBaits »

JoeS wrote:
LivelyBaits wrote:Pickled eggs and beets are a favorite of mine too. Someone's gotta bring some to a future goomba.

Neil
Back in the day my mother used to can about 25 jars of Pickled Eggs and Beets a winter........I recently asked her for the process and all I got was the cold stare from her eyes, then I realized this was another theft of Dementia I will never get back.........
That's depressing. The brain is amazing. My friend Bill had a stroke. He can still do things he knows how to do but he can't describe to you what he's doing or how you would do it on your own.

I like the pickled beets on cottage cheese with a lot of pepper on it too. Ahhh. Road trip to the store! I don't mind the canned beets but they're no match for Grandpa Taylor's beets
pee-dash-eff, "Desperate. H.W"
Chief1600

Post by Chief1600 »

:shock: Awsome fish Norm!
Jim - snooty elitist

"Of all pursuits mankind has devised to make you look stupid and uncoordinated, fly fishing is unquestionably number one." Jack Ohman, Fear of Fly Fishing