Up The Creek With A Peddle

Flamingo to Big Bend
JoseC

Post by JoseC »

Nice Gary!

Good to see the snook are chewing, I might have to call you to see if you want to go harass them again.
Jose C

Hobie Revolution
J.P. FROG

Post by J.P. FROG »

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Marco, I had the camera mounted on a short 12" piece of PVC and used the timer. The camera was just a few inches above the mud.

So far as the Nemire Lure, I really like the design with the mono filament weed guard and the "vibration chamber". I'll admit that the thickness of the hook leaves a little to be desired, but should it become a problem I will try to replace it by drilling and tapping a hole for a thicker gauge hook.
Gary

[i]He who looks outside dreams. He who looks within awakens.[/i]
ChrisR
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by ChrisR »

Nice fish. Congrats!
Lime Cider

Post by Lime Cider »

Nice fish and sweet photos Gary!Image
Russ
J.P. FROG

Post by J.P. FROG »

srsfsu wrote:
redfisher wrote:Glad it held together for you. :wink: :D
That was my thought too. I got one at least years PFTS and it broke that day.
Did you ever think that maybe someone sabotaged the lure to make sure you didn't win the tournament? :P :lol:

Seriously, the only fault I can see in the lure is the thickness of the hook and the fact that it is spot welded on. I would prefer a thicker gauge hook and a stainless steel machine screw to attach it to the lure so the hook could be replaced or upgraded.

Having said that, they do have printed on the packaging "New Mustad Hook". Perhaps they have had numerous complaints and have solved the hook problem. I will report any problems that I may have with the lure should they arise.

Thanks for your input.
Gary

Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

I am still waiting for the report titled "I have open sores and not sure why" that come from fishing that "creek".
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
J.P. FROG

Post by J.P. FROG »

Todd wrote:I am still waiting for the report titled "I have open sores and not sure why" that come from fishing that "creek".
Obviously by throwing caution overboard, fishing the creek could be detrimental. If one had an open wound or a weakened immune system, it would be best not to fish it.

Also, if one fears something, the fear itself tends to manifest that which you fear. So Todd, by all means, stay away from the "Creek". We wouldn't want you to be the author of that report. :wink:
Gary

Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

J.P. FROG wrote: So Todd, by all means, stay away from the "Creek".
I first fished that "creek" some 20 years ago, it was really nasty back then. It has cleaned up some over the years but that water can be a little toxic at times.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
J.P. FROG

Post by J.P. FROG »

Most certainly, I would not harvest any fish from there. Even if it has been cleaned up over the years. I don't harvest many fish anymore, if I do I prefer to do so from an environment that seems more healthy.
Gary

paddlefisher

Post by paddlefisher »

coldwater snook, nice
"All men are equal before fishes" President Herbert Hoover
MrSpectaculous

Post by MrSpectaculous »

I guess i've been lucky..I've been on immune suppresents for 3 years and fish the creek regularly...I'm pretty sure the bacteria levels are safer in the winter.

As an aside in the summer months anywhere you fish that does not have very dramatic tide changes puts everyone but especially compromised immune systems at risk for the flesh eating virus. My primary doc has already warned me to stay off oyster beds once summer returns.
I think I can dance.
Bill
Ultimate 14.5
Purple Emotion GS
SlikNik

Post by SlikNik »

Nice Stuff! Topwater Snookin in the cold :wink:
paddlaroun

Post by paddlaroun »

Todd says
I first fished that "creek" some 20 years ago, it was really nasty back then. It has cleaned up some over the years but that water can be a little toxic at times.
While attending one of the Cross Bayou watershed meetings they have I was told by one of the county people that the plant on the creek I believe you are talking about has improved the water quality there. Not to worry about it though I know for a fact there are no fish in that area. So stay the hell away!
Dan Native 12
"Sleep in fish late"

"I know the waters cold! Wet your hand anyway!!!"
DayumSon

Post by DayumSon »

Nice work!
"I once cried because I did not have any shoes to wear.... until I met a man with no feet"

Dayum Son!
Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

http://paddle-fishing-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=27062&st

Post by Norm »

sorry for the delay Gary, but that is a very pretty snook buddy :wink: I always enjoy your pics 8)
Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld
J.P. FROG

Post by J.P. FROG »

Why thank you Norm. "Pretty" yes, but not near as impressive as your last snook. :wink: I'm still looking for my "SUPERSIZED" snook.
Gary