No good dirty rotten Tailing redfish

shamus
The Beaver Tickler

No good dirty rotten Tailing redfish

Post by shamus »

Tails everywhere and nobody eating what I was throwing. Sweet seeing them, It will keep me coming back.
0 0 1
CooKnFish

Post by CooKnFish »

Ok, I'm starting the pool. Who else thinks they were sheephead? Mullet maybe? Cownose rays?? :lol:
Paddles - they aren't just for the bedroom anymore.

~Mark~
shamus
The Beaver Tickler

Post by shamus »

I was wishing I had those shrimp patterns you tied up. Did you try them yet ?
0 0 1
CooKnFish

Post by CooKnFish »

They are getting wet in the morning.

~Mark~
bonefishwhisperer

Post by bonefishwhisperer »

love the topic title...I have been there myself...what sucks is they ARE eating, just not what your are throwing...them shrimp flys are looking better to me every time I see it
Gen 9:2 "And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered." .... even God likes Dreads....
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

:shock: Wow those shrimp flies are SCHWEEEEETTTT!!!!!! I may have to make an attempt at my own version of that...... 8)
"I tell you now we won't give in
Without a vicious fight, We've been battered and left for dead, We've been beaten and we have bled-Versus the world" ~Amon Amarth
noles

Post by noles »

CooKnFish wrote:Ok, I'm starting the pool. Who else thinks they were sheephead? Mullet maybe? Cownose rays?? :lol:
I was a witness, so it was not a sheepshead, mullet or cownose ray. Red tail with a false eye, and they were huge. Bill would of had more luck jumping on them, then offering them the fly. He got within 5' of one! :lol:
I didn't do so hot myself, I even dropped a "dread" on a few and nothing.
Vlap

Post by Vlap »

The shrimp flies worked well for me and the trout liked them as well.
"It's always an adventure! " Cooknfish.
jdoc

Post by jdoc »

I was out yesterday on the back side of Honeymoon, Lots of reds sitting in pot holes, but no takers. it was great to see them, but they really pissed me off.
Lazyloop

Post by Lazyloop »

I know you had to be there, and wish I was but when I have seen this the reds were literally staring at a spot on the bottom and waiting for a crab to give its self away. What I mean is reds will often hold over crab beds in the winter and be in a trance looking at the sand waiting for a crab to flinch. The reds I have caught have had bellies full of mud crabs. Have you ever stared at one of those 3D, cross your eyes, posters? Its hard to stop the gaze, they are in the zone. When they get like this try throwing a 1/2" rug yarn crab (the color of the bottom , tan or green) or a 3/4" Boski slider same color as the bottom. If they are moving drop it 2' in front and don't move it. When the red gets on it move only a smidge, gnats ass, c-hai.... you get the picture. If the reds are not milling in the grass and just sitting in one spot cast the dam thing on their nose and don't move it let it sit. The key is no movement, when you think you should move it don't. If this does not work try my new GULP Fly (tying instructions to follow).
CooKnFish

Post by CooKnFish »

Lazyloop wrote:If this does not work try my new GULP Fly (tying instructions to follow).
SECURITY!!! :lol:

~Mark~
Lazyloop

Post by Lazyloop »

How about the new Lunker Sauce for fly that I have in the works? :shock: Tastes just like skrimp. :lol: