farmerjake71

honeynoon tomorrow?

Post by farmerjake71 »

think i may catch my first RED:) WISH ME LUCK
SAY HELLO TO ME LITTLE FRIEND
newyaker

Post by newyaker »

How did you do?
(Hobie fish Outfitter Tandem 08') Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths. ~Author Unknown
farmerjake71

Post by farmerjake71 »

I seen them lil red mothers tailing at me , but no luck:( I bailed out at noon , I didn't wait for high tide to roll in
newyaker

Post by newyaker »

Just wondering ,what kinda bait did you throw at them. Strange how they eat something one morning and refuse to bite the same bait on another day. I think I will try dead sticking with chucks of lady fish next time. What do you think?
(Hobie fish Outfitter Tandem 08') Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths. ~Author Unknown
CowboysFan

Post by CowboysFan »

Still waiting for my first red too Jake. Ran into a school of tailers last week and experienced the same rejection. I am still trying to comprehend seeing 30 to 40 fish and not being able to entice one to bite.
Rich

I'd rather be fishing right now.
farmerjake71

Post by farmerjake71 »

Dead sticking I was thinking the samething, if it not so bad I'll try again this weekend- same loc.
Redboner

Post by Redboner »

I see you are out of Riverview farmerjake71. There is some great redfishing in your area and you should have no trouble getting into them out on the flats south of the Alafia River.
I ususally put in at Williams Park, but have heard that Bullfrog Creek is easier. Now that I am living up in Plant City I will find out more about Bullfrog Creek.
Give me a shout if you ever want company out there. I have a lot of free time and would be glad to show you where I have had success.
I caught this Redfish out there a couple years ago.
I have caught nice refish out there more recently but my new camera doesnt have a timer (time to get a better camera) and I don't know anyone who fishes from a kayak up in this area yet so I have been flying solo a lot.
As for what to throw at them, well I personally would never use any kind of live or cut bait. I find that it tends to attract more of the garbage fish, especially sailcats and I hate wasting my fishing time dealing with garbage fish. I normall have one rod rigged with a gold spoon, one with a soft plastic ( I like jerkbaits rigged weedless.). The color can vary but I have had good luck with greens and whites and golds. My third rod is usually rigged with a Top Dog (Mirro Lure). If you are seeing the tails you have the biggest part taken care of and presenting the right lure in the right way is all you need to figure out. Go with a lure you are comfortable using and be patient. If after several casts you have not had a strike, either change lures or alter your presentation, but again be patient. It is important that you don't spook the fish because they may not return for quite a while. Hey, this is all just my personal opinion and there are many people on this site with more knowledge and experience than me. But if this helps you in any way, well that's cool.[/img]
"Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary"
Patrick McManus
ChrisR
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by ChrisR »

In addition to Bullfrog Creek, you are a short drive from Simmons Park, Cockroach Bay, and Bishop Harbor. If you put in a moderate amount of time in any of these areas, you will catch redfish. I would also be happy to fish with you sometime. Shoot me a PM and I will show you where I have caught fish in any of those areas.

Good Luck
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

Like Chris said there is a bunch of us that fish the South Shore area and are willing to show you around...........I don't fish in the dog days of Aug but Sept is a hole(pun intended) new story.........I can get out sun, mon, tues, wed, Thurs, sat, and most Fridays......... :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
farmerjake71

Post by farmerjake71 »

- very cool -
Redboner

Post by Redboner »

Can one of you guys tell me if there is a charge for launching or parking at Bullfrog Creek. Also, is your vehicle safe, have you had any problems there etc.
It just looks like a much more pleasant launch than Williams Park and I don"t really enjoy paddling that particular area of the Alafia.
"Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary"
Patrick McManus
CowboysFan

Post by CowboysFan »

Redboner wrote:Can one of you guys tell me if there is a charge for launching or parking at Bullfrog Creek. Also, is your vehicle safe, have you had any problems there etc.
It just looks like a much more pleasant launch than Williams Park and I don"t really enjoy paddling that particular area of the Alafia.
Patrick I will find out about launching from Bull Frog today for you. I live a couple miles from there. I usually head south to Simmons or CR Bay but have been reading some good reports about bullfrog. Time to check it out i guess. I will let you know what i find out.
Rich

I'd rather be fishing right now.
Redboner

Post by Redboner »

Thanks Rich, I know there is some great fishing on the flats you get to from Bullfrog Creek. I am not sure about the creek itself, but it looks fishy
Thanks again, maybe wew can get together and check out some spots soon.

Tom (Patrick McManus is just who the quote was from)
Patrick McManus
farmerjake71

Post by farmerjake71 »

I've been there , I parked right infront of the baitshop no charge and no problems w/my car being there, I caught a few trout there no reds yet, if you guys are going this weekend give me a heads up BF, CB or BH if the weathers no to bad I'm game to go to any loc.
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

Redboner wrote:Can one of you guys tell me if there is a charge for launching or parking at Bullfrog Creek. Also, is your vehicle safe, have you had any problems there etc.
Bullfrog Creek
No Charge to park.
No real safety issues.
Easy Launch.
Long Paddle to Kitchen but you can fish as you go.
Much better than Williams
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

Hold on a minute....

You bet your ass there's a toll to launch from Bull Frog. I have a trained midget that'll come up and kick you in the shins if you dont pay homage...
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~