Trout, Trout...Surprise!

Flamingo to Big Bend
mikeB
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Trout, Trout...Surprise!

Post by mikeB »

Les and I hit the Perico flats yesterday just before dawn. At about 8:30 the Trout turned on, with one biting on just about every cast although the majority were under 15 inches. A surprise catch was the Spanish. My catches were all made with the DOA C.A.L. 4 in. jerk 400 greene. The three keepers were cleaned and cooked up with a batter recipe from the Neely's of the Food Network. I even tried Gina's Spicy tarter sauce made with Mayo, hot pepper relish, (found at Publix) hot sauce, garlic and S&P. Made for some tasty sammies.

DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

I ain't a fan of dead fish pics around here but that last one is kind nice.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
newyaker

Post by newyaker »

Nice catch and great pictures.
(Hobie fish Outfitter Tandem 08') Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths. ~Author Unknown
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

Looks like dinner. :D
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
DBray6

Post by DBray6 »

The spanish have been hitting pretty good lately. I was getting a lot of really nice ones in the 20"+ range Saturday morning. They were hitting cut bait under a popping cork and I got a couple on a mirrodine.
TerryW

Post by TerryW »

Cool. (And I don't see anything wrong with dead fish when someone is taking them home to eat. Beats the heck out of a live (soon-to-be-dead) snook hanging vertically from a Boga.

I caught a nice snapper at Perico about six weeks ago and lost a Cobia at the kayak several days ago. But I'm still not seeing any quality redfish there.
35/34.5/26 24/22/1/1

I finally found Cow Creek. It's at the end of the Road to Nowhere!
CowboysFan

Post by CowboysFan »

Agreed Terry, dead fish great to eat....i'm still not sure how people eat live fish. I guess they don't eat fish....yeah right.
Rich

I'd rather be fishing right now.
mudfish

Post by mudfish »

Nice goin' on the catching Mike. Too bad the lens blurred the last pic, very nice composition.
-Cisco-

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

- Eleanor Roosevelt -
mikeB
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by mikeB »

Yea, thats not the first time that camera did that. When it powers up, a cover over the lens opens and all it takes is a little bit of water or a smudge to blur the image. I need to pay more attention to that.