Clearwater 9-6

Flamingo to Big Bend
redfish

Clearwater 9-6

Post by redfish »

Today was like every other day out on the water. Catching fish of course.. Matt and I launched around 630 this morn on the hunt for redfish. The tides were good and I was rigged with a Rt Slug.... The Mullet were everywhere, every place you looked they were there... Even in the air :jawdrop: The morning was just prefect, except 1 thing!!! No tailers... Matt did hook up to a 25 inch red but after that it was calm. Just those stupid Mullet jumping and bumping my kayak. So I throw out my Mexican spook(Mustache added) and sure enought it gets nailed by Mr.Trout. I did get my redfish he was about 6 inches long, probable my smallest. But I caught 2 of them about that size. This wasent even the beggining I had something coming. Matt and I paddle to this little place that has always held redfish and my favorite catfish :mrgreen: Now this is around 10am and there are boats everywhere the water is a nasty green and the fishing SUCKS!! So I get the gooooood ole cutbait out. Ladyfish chunk is the way to go!!! Thats how I caught all my fish back in the day, so I chuck a piece out. Tap....Tap....a slooooww pulllll and ZZZZZZZZZZ I am hooked to what I beleive is a nice redfish. BUT WAIT!!! Redfish don't jump and they don't have a big black line down them :ugeek: OMG It's a beastly snook that picked it up. I am shaking like a leaf this snook was big and bad and didnt like me what so ever. This was a great test for my NEW Greenwater which I do love now and don't want to sell :rock: About after a 20min fight this fish is kayak side. I was a happy beastly angler after that. Matt on the other hand was a great friend and took a few pics for me that actually came out pretty damn good. The snook was released and I was glad it wasent slot.LMAO I am guessing 37 inches.... What do you guys think?? God I love this thing called catching, I meen fishing :escape:

Tried a pic from the kayak cam but he's to big lol

Im the Chuck Norris of fishing LMAO
Amped Kayak Fishing and Southern Backwater on Facebook
Mercuryverado200 on Youtube
Wright Custom Rods
fishfinder13

Post by fishfinder13 »

That snook is kinda cute. Maybe one day i can show you how its done.
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Didn't I see you fishing from the rt72 bridge over the Myakka river?
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Rik

Post by Rik »

Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
redfish

Post by redfish »

fishfinder13 wrote:That snook is kinda cute. Maybe one day i can show you how its done.
Kid you crack me up
Wright Custom Rods
newyaker

Post by newyaker »

Sweet ! awesome snook!
(Hobie fish Outfitter Tandem 08') Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths. ~Author Unknown
americanrobster

Post by americanrobster »

Nice snook Jesse.
Rob

Heritage Redfish 12'

Heritage Redfish 14'
redfish

Post by redfish »

americanrobster wrote:Nice snook Jesse.
Thanks man. How your back feeling?
Wright Custom Rods
americanrobster

Post by americanrobster »

Back is better and work is slow. Time to go fishing some weekend.
Rob

Heritage Redfish 12'

Heritage Redfish 14'
mudfish

Post by mudfish »

Beauty of a snook Jesse! ...as usual. 8)
-Cisco-

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

- Eleanor Roosevelt -
Dreads

Post by Dreads »

Awesome Snook!!!

I love the fight they bring...... :)
Native Ultimate 14.5
WS-T120