TroKar Hooks

CooKnFish

TroKar Hooks

Post by CooKnFish »

I picked up some of these today to try out. Holy $#!% these things actually are as sharp as they claim!
They boast about having a surgically sharped point that takes 50% less force to penetrate. I have to honestly say that these are by far the sharpest hook I have ever seen out of the box. I'm told they released the "freshwater" hooks this year and plan on releasing the "saltwater" hooks next year. Judging from what I've seen so far the bigger game saltwater hooks will be great for tarpon or any other species that is tough to get a good hookset.
The only thing negative I can see at this point is they are pricey. If I see anyone with a Sebile in their tackle box commenting about the price of these hooks I'm going to start pointing fingers and calling names.
Paddles - they aren't just for the bedroom anymore.

~Mark~
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

? Sharper than Owner?
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
CooKnFish

Post by CooKnFish »

Yes, sharper than Owner, Gimmegotcha, or any other hook I have tried. Doesn't look like I'll have a chance to try them out until the PFTS next week. Hmmm... that reminds me; I still don't know what I'll be throwing for the PFTS.

~Mark~
Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

http://paddle-fishing-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=29986&st

Post by Norm »

How odd is that...Im sitting here at my desk, watching
Adddictive fishing out of the corner of my eye and Blare is talking about Trocar hooks.. :? I had never heard of them and he is catching some cobia using these particular hooks and bragging about how incredibly sharp they are.
Meanwhile I log on here, and what do I see, but C&F bragging about how sharp Trocar hooks are.. :lol: I may have to give them a shot. Sounds like they might be just the ticket for Tarpon. 8)
Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Realize that Mark has had a mancrush on Wiggins for years before you plop down the bucks. :wink:
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Redfisher

Post by Redfisher »

Can you demonstrate what you did to prove that these hooks are so much sharper than Owner or Gamakatsu hooks?
I test them on my thumbnail. If the hook grabs rather than slide off it's pretty sharp. What brand electron microscope are you using?
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

Wow, I think someone is on the rag.
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
Redfisher

Post by Redfisher »

Heywood wrote:Wow, I think someone is on the rag.
At least it's only once a month and not a solid 2 years.
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

Yeah, its like being stuck with a $300 dollar cabin bill.
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
CooKnFish

Post by CooKnFish »

Redfisher wrote:Can you demonstrate what you did to prove that these hooks are so much sharper than Owner or Gamakatsu hooks?
I test them on my thumbnail. If the hook grabs rather than slide off it's pretty sharp.
I've got the gouge in my thumbnail that says it all. I won't be doing that test with these again.

~Mark~
TerryW

Post by TerryW »

I've read about them & was considering ordering some...... I think that I will do so, but will be prepared to stab myself a few times.
35/34.5/26 24/22/1/1

I finally found Cow Creek. It's at the end of the Road to Nowhere!
fishinfoflounder

Post by fishinfoflounder »

At 2 bucks a piece I think I'll pass. :shock:
DAILY THOUGHT: MOST PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY
BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.
pag_yaker

Post by pag_yaker »

So, folks will spend big bucks for flourocarbon leader and fancy shmancy plugs in order to get the damn fish to BITE, but not spend the bucks to ensure that all of that other money is wasted? I wouldn't spnd the money, but then again, I don't use flouro leader and often use a swivel!

NOTE: TV anglers are salesmen, period. So don't read a lot in to any of those shows ... they all rank right up there with the sham-wow ads ...
Jerry White
Contributing author for Paddling.net since 2005
Contributing author for Florida Sportsman Magazine
Member - Florida Outdoor Writers Association
Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

http://paddle-fishing-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=29986&st

Post by Norm »

fishinfoflounder wrote:At 2 bucks a piece I think I'll pass. :shock:
:shock: That's more than abit salty for my pocket book :roll: I will pass as well :!:
Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld
krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by krash »

I simply don't have any problem getting an Owner or Gama to stick a fish

SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~
MrSpectaculous

Post by MrSpectaculous »

pag_yaker wrote:So, folks will spend big bucks for flourocarbon leader and fancy shmancy plugs in order to get the damn fish to BITE, but not spend the bucks to ensure that all of that other money is wasted? I wouldn't spnd the money, but then again, I don't use flouro leader and often use a swivel!

NOTE: TV anglers are salesmen, period. So don't read a lot in to any of those shows ... they all rank right up there with the sham-wow ads ...
I'd tune in if the Sham Wow guy had a fishing show. That would be hilarious. Now if they come out with hooks made of carbon fiber i'd put them on every hard bait I have. I dig carbon fiber :D
I think I can dance.
Bill
Ultimate 14.5
Purple Emotion GS