Finally!

Flamingo to Big Bend
CowboysFan

Finally!

Post by CowboysFan »

I've been on this kayak fishing kick for a few months now and have been fortunate enough to catch fish (of some sort) on just about every trip. Unfortunately, the redfish must have seen me coming because every trip I was skunked by the reds. Alas, I have found the fish. I spent Tuesday after labor day at CRBay. Arrived around 5:30 and the weather was perfect. As the sun came up it was slightly overcast with a nice morning breeze.

It didnt take long to find the tailers. This time the school hung around for about an hour. I started throwing my trusty spook jr with no luck. I was sure this was going to be anothe futile attempt. I changed up my retrieve a few times and finally brought this 23inch red home.

I ended up landing 5 reds all in the 23-25inch range each lived up to the fighting reputation of the red. Fun fighting fish. Thanks for the tips and tricks I picked up in the forum. I needed the help.
Rich

I'd rather be fishing right now.
jd

Post by jd »

Congrats. First reds and tailers to boot.
I have trouble acting normal.
TexasDan

Post by TexasDan »

Nice Red. Congrats and hope many more to come. I bet you hope Saturday would be nice. :D
TerryW

Post by TerryW »

It doesn't get much better than seeing tailing reds and catching one. Gotta love that Spook Jr fellow. Congratulations.
35/34.5/26 24/22/1/1

I finally found Cow Creek. It's at the end of the Road to Nowhere!
DRock

Post by DRock »

Congrats on the reds, and on topwater too! They work real hard to get ahold of it, often miss, but when they connect its a rush! Enjoy the fever...
Derick
Tan W.S. Ride 135
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

Nice! Congrats on your first one.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
Redboner

Post by Redboner »

Nice Rich, glad to see you finally pop that redfish cherry. I know it was bugging you.
"Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary"
Patrick McManus