My personal best redfish

Flamingo to Big Bend
JoseC

My personal best redfish

Post by JoseC »

After much debate, I decided to go fishing regardless of the rain. Talked to Adrian and he said he was free for some fishing.

Here are the pics:

I got lucky and caught my personal best red, but I think I was even more lucky to have a friend that is incredibly talented with a camera to capture the moment.

Not only do I owe him my gratitude for the pictures but really its because of him we found those fish. I wanted to go to a completely different location and he talked me into going somewhere else.

Thanks again Adrian, you da man!
Jose C

Hobie Revolution
newyaker

Post by newyaker »

Congrats on your best Red! Those are some of the best pictures I've seen yet .Great job to you both.
(Hobie fish Outfitter Tandem 08') Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths. ~Author Unknown
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

Nice red, how big?
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
Hatch

Post by Hatch »

I was even more lucky to have a friend that is incredibly talented with a camera to capture the moment.
As I was scrolling through the pictures, I was thinking, "Wow, he was lucky that Adrian was able to go fishing (photographing) with him!" Beautiful Red. How did Adrian do? (or was he too busy taking those great shots?) :D
JoseC

Post by JoseC »

Todd wrote:Nice red, how big?
Thanks Todd, she was a hair under 36

Hatch wrote:
I was even more lucky to have a friend that is incredibly talented with a camera to capture the moment.
As I was scrolling through the pictures, I was thinking, "Wow, he was lucky that Adrian was able to go fishing (photographing) with him!" Beautiful Red. How did Adrian do? (or was he too busy taking those great shots?) :D
He caught a couple of trout. Oddly enough, as soon as the tails popped up he put down the rod and picked up the camera to take some shots. Then we both fished them for a while but it was really hard to get them to eat. When I managed to get one to eat he put the rod down and picked up the camera again. I think this was one of the smaller fish out of the school, they were all huge. After we release the red we called it a day
Jose C

Hobie Revolution
Erick
"Mister OLC"
"Mister OLC"

Post by Erick »

That was nice, great photos.
Don't give up. Don't ever give up.
Jim Valvano

{{>=====<}} <'))))><ing
mikeB
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by mikeB »

Congrats on the fine Red and on the excellent photos. Ya'll make a great team. Maybe some Tarpon next time?
ChrisR
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by ChrisR »

Congrats Jose.
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Big red! It's handy to have a great photographer around ain't it!
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

DaveR wrote:Big red! It's handy to have a great photographer around ain't it!
You, of all people, should know that.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
John
Guv'ner

Post by John »

Nice job, that is a hawg of a redfish!! a real bull!
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton
DRock

Post by DRock »

I don't know which is more impressive, the 36" tailing redfish or the pictures of you, with the tails in sight, then circled around to catch all the action. Thanks to both of you for sharing the experience. I could almost smell the salt.
Derick
Tan W.S. Ride 135
DouGR81

Post by DouGR81 »

The fish is nice but the pics are just superb. Nice going guys. Very few things are as fun as catching tailers..especially one that big.
mudfish

Post by mudfish »

Bang on Jose! Killer pics A. :wink:
-Cisco-

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

- Eleanor Roosevelt -
DayumSon

Post by DayumSon »

I had as much of a great time photographing those redfish as much as Jose did hogging..Cough cough I mean catching that redfish :D .

In all seriousness I get "off" more taking a shot (photo) of someone catching the fish than actually casting to them. I know I know most would rather cast into a school of tailing redfish, but to look though my view finder and see it from the lens perspective is Fuggin' scweet!!!!!!!

I could have caught my "1st" tailing redfish that day, but I was in a nice mood and let Jose get the glory. LMAO!!!

seriously though it was a fun, wet, rainy, dry afternoon to say the least 8)

anyone else needing me to tag along I'm there :) .. Is that ok B-B-B- boss..Don't crack da whip suh.... :lol:
"I once cried because I did not have any shoes to wear.... until I met a man with no feet"

Dayum Son!
jd

Post by jd »

Awesome work on both ends of the lens.
I have trouble acting normal.