Paddle recommendation

cruiser

Paddle recommendation

Post by cruiser »

Just getting started yak fishing. Buying a Stealth 12(33" wide) and need to pick a paddle. I am 5'6". Willing to spend the $$ on a quality product if it makes a big difference, maybe Bending Branches Breeze Day Angler? Looks like I need 230CM ? I have small hands,do I need small shaft?Suggestions?
MrSpectaculous

Post by MrSpectaculous »

I love my OnnO paddle. A few of us have them. Mine is going on 4 years of service.
www.onnopaddles.com
I think I can dance.
Bill
Ultimate 14.5
Purple Emotion GS
cruiser

Post by cruiser »

MR.Spec,
Which ONNO do you use?
Bigfish171
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by Bigfish171 »

I second the ONNO suggestion.
I've had the full tour/carbon signature for 5 or 6 years.
Dave
MrSpectaculous

Post by MrSpectaculous »

I have the mid tour full carbon with a solid shaft. Patrick can help you decide on lenth and thickness of the shaft. Mine is also not feathered. Patrick can walk you thru the best choice based on your needs
I think I can dance.
Bill
Ultimate 14.5
Purple Emotion GS
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Onno is a great paddle but I was unhappy about Patrick's accessibility. Has this improved over the past few years?
I have an Onno as a back up and use an A. T. http://www.atpaddle.com/products/157354 ... n_Seriesas my every day. l love it.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
TampaJim

Post by TampaJim »

Whatever brand, length, etc. you decide on ... buy the lightest model that you can afford and take care of it. A great paddle makes all the difference in the world.
cruiser

Post by cruiser »

DaveR wrote:Onno is a great paddle but I was unhappy about Patrick's accessibility. Has this improved over the past few years?
I have an Onno as a back up and use an A. T. http://www.atpaddle.com/products/157354 ... n_Seriesas my every day. l love it.
do you use the Fishstix?
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

sl carbon
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

DaveR wrote:sl carbon
I have the same paddle and love it.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
cruiser

Post by cruiser »

Bent or straight, which do you prefer and why?
Anybody tried Accent Diamond series?
jd

Post by jd »

cruiser wrote:Bent or straight, which do you prefer and why?
Anybody tried Accent Diamond series?
I have two Accent Diamond Edge paddles and they have been great. I have one with the old style ferruls that got a bit wobbly after @ four years of abuse. They had me send it back and they repaired it at no charge and it has been perfect since. You will avoid this with the new ferrul setup, but it is nice to know that they stand behind their product even after angler abuse.
I have trouble acting normal.
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

cruiser wrote:Bent or straight, which do you prefer and why?
I have the bent shaft.

http://www.atpaddle.com/technology.php
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
mudfish

Post by mudfish »

I have a lower priced fiberglass AT paddle and love it. Much less 'flex' than my last paddle and still noticeably lighter. Well made product I might add.
-Cisco-

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

- Eleanor Roosevelt -
cruiser

Post by cruiser »

teamshaft3 wrote:I have a lower priced fiberglass AT paddle and love it. Much less 'flex' than my last paddle and still noticeably lighter. Well made product I might add.
Which model, Ergo Tour?
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

ONNO going on 5 yrs.......Actually got the idea of a ONNO from DaveR....`Signature Carbon; Full Tour; 2 piece; Super Duty Tips; 24 oz........
What I like about the ONNO and Patrick is he will talk to you and build the Paddle to the specs, size and needs you are looking for.......Patrick will always answer your e-mail and call you if needed.......
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!