Dear Mr. Skunk - I didn't get skunked today

Flamingo to Big Bend
TerryW

Dear Mr. Skunk - I didn't get skunked today

Post by TerryW »

So there! You should have waited and gone out in the afternoon with me. I would have put you on some of these for dinner:

All in all, not a bad afternoon. Plenty of trout, several snapper (go figure), lady fish, and some wild and crazy Bluefish (I think).

There was really a lot of activity. Something tearing up the mullet but I never could catch them nor see them. Too much floating grass. I am sick of this stuff.
35/34.5/26 24/22/1/1

I finally found Cow Creek. It's at the end of the Road to Nowhere!
geoffsnook

Post by geoffsnook »

Terry,

Glad to see you got some. I went out today and got a 4 little snooklets. Grass wasn't too bad in Palma Sola.
TerryW

Post by TerryW »

Geoff - I almost went to PS but changed my mind at the last minute.

I'm not sure where Mr. Skunk went today, but needless to say, he was skunked and we weren't. :lol:
35/34.5/26 24/22/1/1

newyaker

Post by newyaker »

17MR is my favorite lure ...it will always get the job done.Good Job.
(Hobie fish Outfitter Tandem 08') Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths. ~Author Unknown
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Tasty. I fared poorly in the morning. So much for fishing the major. :cry: Had a few follows from some nice reds but bite hard they wouldn't.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Survivor 1

Post by Survivor 1 »

Seems to be a lot of people accidently catching snappers. Makes me wonder if I should just take a day and target them before they're gone. Congrats.
"Two frogs on a log floating in the river; one of them decides to jump off. How many frogs are left on the log?...Two, the frog only "decided" to jump." Anonymous
9Digits

Post by 9Digits »

What a beauty!

TerryW

Post by TerryW »

That is the second unexpected Snapper I've caught in six weeks of not fishing much. What's up with that? Either the Snapper population is growing in T-Bay or their patterns have changed.
35/34.5/26 24/22/1/1

mauso1
Supporter 2007 - 2013

Post by mauso1 »

That is the second unexpected Snapper I've caught in six weeks of not fishing much. What's up with that? Either the Snapper population is growing in T-Bay or their patterns have changed.
Must be..A lone snapper is what I caught over the grass yesterday...on a mirro-minnow :shock:

The few redfish I saw had lockjaw.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club