Congrats go to.

Heywood

Post by Heywood »

SlikNik wrote:Thanks, it was a fun event. Congrats to the other guys. I entered at 3:00 pm the day before the tourney ( 2 hours before cutoff ) and missed the captains meeting and they gave me entry #25. So I think there were 25 entries in the paddle division.

How could you go wrong with those payouts. You almost had to fish that tourney.

My slam was 65.5 for 5th.

26.5 red
21.5 trout
but only a 17.5 snook :cry:

No flounder or sheepshead for the bonus inches. More reason to always attend a captains meeting and fully understand the rules.
I thought the bonus fish was in place of a slam fish if you didn't slam out. not that I would have caught one of them anyway. I didn't have a bait buster on me :lol: fricking Mako
Thank you for an honest answer. Congrats!!
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
GILs_GONE_WILD

Post by GILs_GONE_WILD »

seeinred wrote: I would think the popularity of this or any event to be dependant largely in the participation of the members of this very forum.
Sorry sir, I work Saturdays ... am I excused?? :?
GIL

"Only the half-mad are wholly alive." ~~~ Edward Abbey
Bigfish171
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by Bigfish171 »

Way to go guys. Congrats.
Dave
mudfish

Post by mudfish »

Congrats to all! That passing front made things a bit more challenging I bet.
-Cisco-

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

- Eleanor Roosevelt -
Vercetti

Post by Vercetti »

Very Nice! Well done gents.
- Jon
CooKnFish

Re: Congrats go to.

Post by CooKnFish »

Todd wrote:Tony Lai, Mako (Peter), Trootin (Cameron), Seeinred (Spencer) and Sliknik (Nik) who took 4 out of the top 5 places in the Reel Rodeo Fishing Tournament put on by Old Salts yesterday.

Tony took first and $1000, Mako took second and $750, Trootin took third and $500, seeinred took fourth and $250, Nik took fifth and $100.
Is my math off? Wouldn't that be 5 out of 5?
Paddles - they aren't just for the bedroom anymore.

~Mark~
Trootin

Post by Trootin »

Congrats to everyone! I had a 72'' slam without the wild card fish, we gambled and went wayy down south, ran outta time for a sheepie or flounder. Great bite though, me and JD were catching fish almost every other cast as a time ran out wish we coulda stayed!
Team Young & Good Looking
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

seeinred wrote:Here's a question worth asking, why didn't any of you reading this who didn't participate not participate?
I bet you have read every PFTS thread. :wink:
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
JKL

Post by JKL »

It was a nice tournament but was not a good day on the water for myself. Congrats to all the winners. Well done.

JKL
Vlap

Post by Vlap »

Excellent work Gentlemen.
"It's always an adventure! " Cooknfish.
DRock

Post by DRock »

Congrats to the winners. I assume the 4 out of 5 refers to the 2-5 guys since I've never heard of Tony Lai! Good catchin' fellas!! That Peter Who fella sure has been winning/placing in a lot of tournaments lately???
Derick
Tan W.S. Ride 135
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

DRock wrote:Congrats to the winners. I assume the 4 out of 5 refers to the 2-5 guys since I've never heard of Tony Lai!
Mistake on my part. Tony is a member here, happyfish I believe.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
RockinNReelin

Post by RockinNReelin »

Congrats to all the winners!

Spencer you know I think you're a terrific kid BUT I think Heywood asked a valid question and one that I would be interested in knowing as well. The ONLY reason I would be interested is because the Old Salts is primarily a stinkpotters club so it's interesting to see how many kayakers enter anything they put on. I THINK that's all Heywood was trying to get at and maybe it was answered here, I didn't bother to read all the posts on this thread.

Again, congrats to all the winners. We're lucky on this forum to have some of the BEST kayak fisher people on the net!!
~Sharon~
Never lie to someone you trust, Never trust someone who lies to you.
DRock

Post by DRock »

My apologies to Mr. Lai, if that sounded funny too!! Again, good job down there to all that competed, caught fish and had a good time!
Derick
Tan W.S. Ride 135
HellOnReels

Post by HellOnReels »

seeinred wrote:Here's a question worth asking, why didn't any of you reading this who didn't participate not participate?

This being the largest community of kayak fishermen and woman in the Tampa Bay area I would think the popularity of this or any event to be dependant largely in the participation of the members of this very forum.

I'll leave it at that and keep my opinions to myself more often from now on... while I work on "growing up". :lol: :roll:
I'd say your pretty grown up and one hell of a fisherman too. You're half my age, but I'll take fishing lessons from you any day. Nice job young gun! :wink: Congrats to all the winners!
Paul
PFTS SPONSOR
PFTS SPONSOR

Post by Paul »

This being the largest community of kayak fishermen and woman in the Tampa Bay area I would think the popularity of this or any event to be dependant largely in the participation of the members of this very forum.

I'll leave it at that and keep my opinions to myself more often from now on... while I work on "growing up". :lol: :roll:
I did not even know about the tournament

here is how my October went
3rd - Camping
10th flying Scot Regatta - sailing
17th Working
24th OLRC Drag Racing
31th PFTS #2

I have not fished since PFTS #1

I only have limited time to devote to fishing - I would have loved to fished the Hard core tournament and the old salt tournament and the PFTS #2 this weekend - but I can't

There is nothing wrong with your opinions - relax every thing is cool
Paul Silvernail
"Pimpin' ain't easy....but it's neccessary"