Oysters.

Questions and answers on anything related to kayak or canoe fishing
Jacob B

Oysters.

Post by Jacob B »

Never wear sandals while fishing an oyster bar... I was doing that exact thing and slipped out of my sandal and cut my foot then fell onto my hand then cut that up too... not fun fishing with a bloody hand. My leason was learned trust me.. luckly I wasnt cut up too bad, but I might have some kind of poison in my hand from it.. Wellll... again never wear flipflops on oysters, very bad idea..
There are 3 kind of people in the world, people who can count and people who cant.
mauso1
Supporter 2007 - 2013

Post by mauso1 »

Ouch....tetnus up to date??
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
Jacob B

Post by Jacob B »

Somewhat the doctor said ill get another one either next year when i have a injury or if no injuries then in 2013.... Soooo ill be getting another shot next year :)
There are 3 kind of people in the world, people who can count and people who cant.
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

Keen Newport H2 Hiking Sandals

Protect your feet!
James

"... but home to the bank came he, and the remorseless reel gathered up the thread of his life inch by inch." -Kipling
LivelyBaits

Post by LivelyBaits »

:shock:
Last edited by LivelyBaits on Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
pee-dash-eff, "Desperate. H.W"
Kingslayer

Post by Kingslayer »

Wade boots are the way to go. Shimano and Calcutta make decent ones. Fishin' Frank's in Port Charlotte has a box of older ones for sale right now.

If you can find them, the older G. Loomis ones are the way to go. Their white/biege so they don't get as hot, have a sole that is over 1" thick and has ankle reinforcement. The neoprene is nice and thick, the side zippers are large and plastic and they have velcro at the top to crank them tight if you need to. I love mine.
brokenarrowjbe

Post by brokenarrowjbe »

tennis shoes, dry them out over the outside condenser unit. mine are merril's, buddy uses converse. john
mudfish

Post by mudfish »

LivelyBaits wrote:I like to suggest that people get a footwear that covers their ankles as well. The less exposed skin the less that can get cut up. With sandals, it's only a matter of time before you get some serious cuts on your feet and legs.

Also, boots that go up higher will keep sand and shells out of the shoes.
Definitely!
Just $25 and these do the job on oysters too.
http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/store ... erralID=NA
-Cisco-

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

- Eleanor Roosevelt -
dunfly

Post by dunfly »

I have a pair of Keen H2's also, but I would still never wear them around oysters. A shell could still slide into the side. Wading boots only when around oysters.
“You don’t ever want a crisis to go to waste....” — Rahm Emanuel
"Freedom!" - Sir William Wallace
Who is John Galt?
JoeS

Re: Oysters.

Post by JoeS »

Jacob B wrote:Never wear sandals while fishing an oyster bar... I was doing that exact thing and slipped out of my sandal and cut my foot then fell onto my hand then cut that up too... not fun fishing with a bloody hand. My leason was learned trust me.. luckly I wasnt cut up too bad, but I might have some kind of poison in my hand from it.. Wellll... again never wear flipflops on oysters, very bad idea..
I guess you could say you had "Oysters RockIFellEr" :roll: :wink: :lol:
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!