Nice Snook on fly for the new guy

ChrisR
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by ChrisR »

Evan wrote: Lately I've been using EP fibers for the "top" side, but stiffer fibers (like Ultrahair) for the "underbelly" side. The difference in fiber texture keeps them from tangling together, and makes the fly last a lot longer.
Interesting, I'll have to give that a try.
bw510

Post by bw510 »

with a boat like that why would anyone want to use a kayak??
shallow pockets

Post by shallow pockets »

Sweet! Nice Snook Evan. We will have to get out sometime.
Jackson Kayak Pro Staff
bonefishwhisperer

Post by bonefishwhisperer »

hello Evan...nice snook...I also had to unlearn some things when I got going here but you will find that many things will give you the edge
Gen 9:2 "And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered." .... even God likes Dreads....
Evan

Post by Evan »

bonefishwhisperer wrote:hello Evan...nice snook...I also had to unlearn some things when I got going here but you will find that many things will give you the edge
So I take it you're a "freshwater transplant" as well? From the looks of your website it seems that your un-learning process is going pretty well (are all those photos from Florida?!). I would guess that technical trout skills come in handy for Bonefish and Permit, but alas, haven't gotten to chase them in FL yet. Over on this side, there is not much use for the delicate approach, aside from docklights and the occasional school of Reds.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion
bonefishwhisperer

Post by bonefishwhisperer »

7 yrs ago I had never heard of Biscayne Bay...I did have saltwater experience as a angry youth but not like this...I havent traveled at all...never even been to the Keys...do all my fishing right here in Miami...never go more than 20 miles from home...come fish here sometime
PHLYfisher

Post by PHLYfisher »

Evan,

Where you from in CO? I lived in Boulder for two years. Miss the mountains but the salt is growing on me :)

- Jeff
Evan

Post by Evan »

I went to CU in Boulder and lived there for several years afterward. Great little city, although what they say IS true: Boulder is 3 square miles, surrounded by reality. Eventually I had to escape "The Bubble", and here I am. Turns out that I don't really miss the mountains, just the people.
Tonysav

Post by Tonysav »

Evan

Born and raised in Colorado first time you left the Mile High State to come to Florids. So you never traveled anywere else interesting.
Evan

Post by Evan »

Tonysav wrote:Evan

Born and raised in Colorado first time you left the Mile High State to come to Florids. So you never traveled anywere else interesting.
Never lived anywhere else, but have visited many cool places around the Western Hemisphere. Belize, Mexico, Peru, Costa Rica, Argentina and Chile for the most part. Spent so much time in Argentina that Amato Books contracted me to write a guidebook for fly anglers: www.farawayflyfishing.com
pliskin

Re: Nice Snook on fly for the new guy

Post by pliskin »

noles wrote:
Evan wrote: Image
if your hair was silver or Bill's hair was red, you guys could be related:lol:

nice snook
I don't know, guys. Having just seen Toy Story III, I'm thinking Evan's more along the lines of this:

GILs_GONE_WILD

Post by GILs_GONE_WILD »

pliskin wrote: Image
pliskin,

You talkin' about Woody or Stinky Pete the Prospector!?? HA!!!!
GIL

"Only the half-mad are wholly alive." ~~~ Edward Abbey
justabucup

Post by justabucup »

GILs_GONE_WILD wrote:
pliskin wrote: Image
pliskin,

You talkin' about Woody or Stinky Pete the Prospector!?? HA!!!!
No Stinky Pete has a big bushy moustache just like Stinky Rik the webmaster!
Credo quia absurdum