How is it looking

Naples to West Palm and south, including the Keys
Keith B

How is it looking

Post by Keith B »

Hey Guys,
I was wondering how it is looking around DelRay Beach.

I just gave my brother in law an inshore set up, Stradic and 7ft med heavy rod, for Christmas, and I was hoping the weather has not been too bad to keep the fish away.

Any thoughts on where a newbie to fishing can get a good start around that area?

Thanks, and PMs are welcome.
Keith
Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Seriously?
No one on here can tell me anything about Del Ray Beach?
Come on guys hook a newbie up with some info.
ChrisR
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by ChrisR »

While its not true for everyone, most on here are in west central Florida. I know there are a few from south east Florida, but I can't remember ever reading about reports from Delray on here.
Mako

Post by Mako »

I live on the west coast but do fish a couple of times a year on the east side. A short drive north of Delray will put you in the Stuart/Jensen/Ft Pierce area where there are many places to fish. Along Hutchinson Island just north of the power plant you'll find a few launches clearly visible on Google Earth. Any areas near the Ft Pierce inlet are also good. Closer to Delray you have Juno Beach which is a good spot for fishing off the beach when the weather is good.

If I were you I 'd try the Mc Arthur park in Lake Worth, just north of the inlet. There's flats there that got to have some fish.

Exploring new areas is part of the fun of kayak fishing.

Hope this helps some.
Peter
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
Keith B

Post by Keith B »

OK thanks. The info I am trying to find is not for me, it is for my bro in law. I would definitely be searching all around for the places you mentioned. I am trying to get him into fishing since he just moved down there.
Thanks for the replies.
Keith