Lamiglas G1000 blanks?

islander

Lamiglas G1000 blanks?

Post by islander »

Anybody use one? Looking to eventually replace my 8...

Any other blank suggestions would be welcome.
TampaJim

Post by TampaJim »

I don't care much for any of the G1000 blanks that I have handled. There are plenty of great Lamiglas models, but those wouldn't qualify IMO.

What exactly are you looking for? In respect to species, line, etc.
dunfly

Post by dunfly »

Don't know much about the Lamiglass blanks. I build mostly on Rainshadow blanks from Batson. For a saltwater 8wt, I like either the RX8 or RX8+. The RX8 is a fast action blank that will throw a lot of line and has good backbone. It is a little on the stiff side though. The RX8+ is fast action also and will throw a lot of line. While it also has good backbone, it doesn't have the stiff feel and is lighter. It is more expensive, but worth it. Hookhack.com has the RX8+ at 25% off right now.
“You don’t ever want a crisis to go to waste....” — Rahm Emanuel
"Freedom!" - Sir William Wallace
Who is John Galt?
TampaJim

Post by TampaJim »

FYI, the Batson RX7+ and RX8+ blanks are built by St Croix under contract. They are older St Croix models built on existing tooling ... think pre-IPC and pre-ART.

UNLESS you are getting a heck of a deal on them, the retail and wholesale prices are lower on the current SC4 and SC5 blanks bearing the St Croix name and you are getting newer technology.

As to the imported Batson lineup (without the "+" sign) they are solid blanks and a good value.

IF you haven't looked at them ... Dan Craft has a "Tiger Eye" lineup that is pretty solid. Retail on a 9'0", 4-piece, 8wt is around $54.