they're here...

If you use one that is listed, please add a review. If a kayak or canoe that you would like to give a review of is not listed, please add it. This is also where you can show off your boat.
bonefishwhisperer

they're here...

Post by bonefishwhisperer »

my Freedom Hawk Kayaks are here!!! the 14ft is yellow and the 12ft is blue...rep is here in Camp MorningWood right now and we are suppose to fish today and tomorrow...wind is over 30mph right now :cry:
Gen 9:2 "And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered." .... even God likes Dreads....
skinnywater

Post by skinnywater »

I hope the weather is better for ya. There is nothing worse than having a new toy and not being able to use it.
Kevin

"Am I missing and eyebrow?" - Adam Savage
bonefishwhisperer

tell me about it...rep is leaving today and we havent went out...we had to walk the canals yesterday from high wind and today is worse and freezing ass...they are sitting out back for 3rd day now....thats my luck...same goes for new rods...took over 3 months to get 1st fish after I had it overnight delivered
Gen 9:2 "And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered." .... even God likes Dreads....
bonefishwhisperer

did mini test this afternoon...they are much better than I thought they would be...I am ready to rape the Bay like never before
bonefishwhisperer

tested in high winds yesterday that would have been impossible to use the canoe in and was able to paddle back against 30mph wind...it sucked really bad but it was possible...rods havent been a problem as I had thought, at least not yet...pushpole is easy enough to put away and grab and paddle fits easy right inside...my time has been mainly on 12ft model and my buddy on 14ft...we were able to switch kayaks simply by stepping off while drifting in open water without incident...
krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Re: they're here...

Post by krash »

Today I had the opportunity to test drive the 12', blue one, that thing is rock solid for standing with very little or no fear of making a quick unexpected exit. It took me about 2 seconds at the launch to step in, stand with the pontoons not deployed, and sit to paddle its very stable. After paddling out the canal I went about 30' and deployed the pantoons and stood and polled at least 80% of the rest of the day, never even had a feeling it was unstable, you can easily stand and wizz right off the side. You can also easily stand, turn 360 and cast in any direction.

I found my rods behind me in the holders were in the way of my poling technique, but no problem I brought my crate and it fits nicely in front just moved the rods to the rocket launcher in front and I was set to go.

BFW modified one of the push poles adding about 2' making it useable, but his 15' TFO is much better. The pole that comes with the Freedon Hawk is aluminum and sectional with the little sping push buttons like a paddle, problem is out of the box the pole is far to short for any water deeper than 12", and the mud-foot is to small in soft bottom it sinks in and sticks. We traded poles for a while and BFW agreed. Putting the pole aside when not in use is no problem I just laid it in the kayak and it goes nowhere. The factory paddles are a bit cheesy also.

There is a ton of room on the floor in front of where you sit or stand that is very easy to access.

The 14' is considerably faster than the 12' both paddling or polling. Both are much slower polling than paddling, poling they have almost no glide, as soon as you stop applying human power to the pole the boat stops. Its also a bear to poll directly into the wind. Drifting and going with the wind is a dream though.

If BFW offers again, I'll be out there on the Freedom Hawk but next time I'm testing the 14. We covered a hell of a lot of shorelines today and saw nothing, actually I did see 1 stingray and a lot of white birds, and the Homestead fly-boys several times. It was cold all day, water was beautiful, but the wind shifted NE and after the tide came in and did not go out.

Couple pix...
The BoneFishWhisperer

Pontoons Deployed on the 12' model

Bow area, crate fits nicely..

Thanks BFW
Last edited by krash on Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~
screwballl

Post by screwballl »

I would LOVE to have either one of those models.
That tunnel of trees is just an amazing shot and I bet some great fishing too.

Do you have a higher resolution version of it or mind emailing it to me?
Matthew 4:19
bonefishwhisperer

my pics suck compared to Iconns's pics of the same...I will scalp his from another thread for you...