"Hold My Pole" push poles

PHLYfisher

"Hold My Pole" push poles

Post by PHLYfisher »

Anyone have one of these? http://www.holdmypole.com/gallery/index.aspx?aid=17" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Theyre made in Bradenton and I tried to get in touch with them to pick one up but haven't heard anything yet. At a little over 100 bucks these look very promising.
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Re: "Hold My Pole" push poles

Post by Todd »

Paddle-Fishing.com Tournament Series sponsor.

http://www.wanganchor.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
PHLYfisher

Post by PHLYfisher »

I had a wang anchor and lost it the first day over the side of the boat in the main channel of Perico bay :evil: That reminds me if anyone finds it there would definitely be a healthy reward!

Anyway I figure I should just replace it with a regular push pole seeing as I don't plan on using it to stakeout. Looking for something a little lighter with a more traditional foot for soft bottom poling. I'm heading out to the ML/NMZ for a week and plan to be poling all day long.
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Home Depot. 10 foot closet rod and a crutch tip. About 12 bucks, but it might not keep one from falling out of their kayak.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
DouGR81

Post by DouGR81 »

I bought the 10' hold my pole a couple years ago..The head fell off the first time I poled a flat..I guess the glue didn't dry all the way. I emailed them and they sent me a new one a week later. No problems after that. It flew out of the bed of my truck one day so I don't have it anymore. If I were to get another push pole it would probably be a 12' stiffy. I found the 10'er to be too short and I also wasn't fond of the 1" diameter shaft. I think a larger diameter would be easier to grip.
Hobie Fishing Team
2014 Hobie Oasis
PHLYfisher

Post by PHLYfisher »

Good info. Hope there was nobody behind you when the pole flew out :shock: I talked to Tom at Wang Anchor and he put me in touch with Joe at Carbon Marine who builds carbon fiber poles from TFO components. According to the website he has free shipping to anywhere in FL!
dfitzsr

Post by dfitzsr »

Can you supply the web site for the carbon poles that you mentioned? I had a 10' pole from "HoldMyPole" and it broke in half around the holidays. I have been calling and emailing them trying to get a replacement pole (not free, but to pay for), and they won't answer the phone, won't reply to any messages left on their answering machine, and only answer emails about every 5th time I write. Have been trying to reach them from the 1st of February, and as of 26th of April, giving up on them. Don't know how they can stay in business.

Anyway, I need to find a new supplier.
Redfisher

Post by Redfisher »

I have Tom's Wang Anchor Bow system actually mounted on my kayak. Best thing since sliced bread. :D