Bamboo push pole

PHLYfisher

Bamboo push pole

Post by PHLYfisher »

Anyone know where I can find some bamboo in the Bradenton vicinity? I refuse to pay $200 for a 12' long stick that will probably just get stolen or swallowed by the depths again :evil:

Feel free to PM :mrgreen:

- Jeff
Vlap

Re: Bamboo push pole

Post by Vlap »

Driving riverview blvd I saw some along the road that looks nice ;)
"It's always an adventure! " Cooknfish.
Hornetbear

Post by Hornetbear »

275 1 mile before the toll.

lots of good bamboo next to road.
GILs_GONE_WILD

Post by GILs_GONE_WILD »

My next door neighbor has a ton of it and it isn't even on his property, it's behind his house and outside the property line. He didn't even plant it ... the past home owner did. Probably 20ft tall or more. :D
GIL

"Only the half-mad are wholly alive." ~~~ Edward Abbey
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

For less than 20 bucks you can buy a 14 foot wooden closet rod from Home Depot. It floats and works great.
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
Vlap

Post by Vlap »

It does float. After it got stuck in the mud and almost pulled Bill from his boat it did break loose and float to the surface.
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

Vlap wrote:It does float. After it got stuck in the mud and almost pulled Bill from his boat it did break loose and float to the surface.
More than once :mrgreen:
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
PHLYfisher

Post by PHLYfisher »

Checked Lowe's today but couldn't find anything the right length. I'll try Home Depot next. I've got 7 weeks until my trip to ML/NMZ so I'm still kinda hoping a 12 or 14' Stiffy pops up on craigslist. errrr.... :tongue:
Vlap

Post by Vlap »

Seriously... Drive Riverview Blvd. There is some roadside...
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

PHLYfisher wrote:Checked Lowe's today but couldn't find anything the right length. I'll try Home Depot next. I've got 7 weeks until my trip to ML/NMZ so I'm still kinda hoping a 12 or 14' Stiffy pops up on craigslist. errrr.... :tongue:
Try H.Dept first! I went Bill's route. A crutch tip on the end keeps the tip nice nice. You can cut it to any size you want at H.D.. Ten feet seems to be right for me. I drilled a hole in the handle end and ran a piece of line through it so I can attach it to a carabiner on my belt loop when I pick up the fishing rod. Learned it all from Bill. He can't fish very well but he's pretty handy.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
bambootim

Post by bambootim »

My warehouse in lakeland is full of bamboo poles of different dia. & length. 12' x 1 1/2" maybe? I could probably spare some at no cost for PF members.
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

Tim where have you been????????My Bamboo pole is still in action..........PM me lets get out some more........
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!