Sunglasses

BryanS

Sunglasses

Post by BryanS »

Regardless of price, what brand of sunglasses do you consider the best for fishing? I have a pair of Costa 580's and love them, but I'm looking to buy another pair and wanted to hear some input.

What do you have now and what color lenses?

Happy Easter all!

Bryan
When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President. Now I’m beginning to believe it.
—Clarence Darrow
pbr

Re: Sunglasses

Post by pbr »

Ocean Waves Green reflective lens
jagerschnapps1

Post by jagerschnapps1 »

I also have a pair of Ocean Waves in green reflective that I have worn just about every day for over two years. I am pretty sure the lenses are glass and not plastic so they have very minimal scratches after all of this time.
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

I bought a pair from Bomber Eye Wear. Got them online, but found out about them through the BX at Macdill. Very inexpensive, great customer service and a wide variety to choose from. They are padded, made to float and completely block out all side light, something which my Costas didnt do.
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
PHLYfisher

Post by PHLYfisher »

Check out smith optics. Heard nothing but good things about them and their high end glass frames run at least $75 cheaper than costas. They have an amber based green mirror lens and lifetime warranty. I would have gotten a pair instead of costas but couldn't find a damn retailer to try them on first.
BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Post by BearsFan »

Have worn nothing but smiths/action optics for the last 15 years. They keep getting better!
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"You think you have problems now? Follow your instincts, it will get worse" -Hatch
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Post by Manning »

If you are looking for prescriptions sunglasses I would recommend Oakley. They have a patented process that gives perfectly clarity across curved lenses. I have been wearing prescription Oakley polarized lenses for years and love them. Use them for fishing and riding the Harley because they are impact resistant.
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
ChrisR
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by ChrisR »

Although I am currently wearing Costa's with 580 Amber/Green Mirror, I used Ocean Waves for a long time, and was very happy with them. I stopped buying theirs because they discontinued the style frame that I liked. That being said, I am a happy Costa customer as well. Ceteris peribus----I would choose Ocean Waves.
BryanS

Post by BryanS »

Thanks for the suggestions all. I think I'll run out tomorrow and pick up some Ocean Waves with the Green lenses. I like to change things up every now and then.
When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President. Now I’m beginning to believe it.
—Clarence Darrow
PHLYfisher

Post by PHLYfisher »

Here you go man. Any of these will be great for inshore sight fishing. Just ordered a pair of green mirror 580s for $95. Don't really need em but couldn't resist :tongue:

Smith Backdrop techlite glass lens green mirror $56
http://www.geartrade.com/browse/102/100 ... tem/130090" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Costa 580 eliminator green mirror $68
http://www.geartrade.com/browse/102/100 ... tem/136144" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Costa Corbina Silver mirror 580 $128
http://www.geartrade.com/browse/102/100 ... tem/132145" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Costa Hammerhead silver mirror 580 $132
http://www.geartrade.com/browse/102/100 ... tem/134822" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kneedeep

Post by kneedeep »

I was very happy with my Ocean Waves because I had the Glacier style with the leather side shield. Unfortunately, they were destroyed and they do not make that style any more. Now I have the Costas with the sailfish frame and the green mirrored flats lens and they are absolutely wonderful, not only for fishing, but for everyday use, driving etc..My wife (HineeDeep) also found the stick on flexible reading lenses online that I placed on the lower inside of the Costas lense to aid in tying knots in low light....... Yeah, I'm old! :cool: :shock:
<SDFT><{
"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Snook712

Post by Snook712 »

PHLYfisher wrote:Check out smith optics. Heard nothing but good things about them and their high end glass frames run at least $75 cheaper than costas. They have an amber based green mirror lens and lifetime warranty. I would have gotten a pair instead of costas but couldn't find a damn retailer to try them on first.
I used Smiths for three or four years and loved the fit and vision. The only problem I had was when I got insect repellent on the lens and it dissolved part of them. I am now wearing Habers and love them. Great polarization and comfort.
Hooked on Youth Fishing Team - Sponsored by Cat Crap Lip Balm
"Fishing for the Future"
Ultimate 12 (Green)
Malibu Stealth 14 (Sand)
Roger
mudfish

Post by mudfish »

Last year I tried on a pair of MangroveMan's Haber's for a bit while fishing, and while they are nice polarized glasses, the optical clarity of the plastic lenses couldn't compare with the glass lens Costa's. Mind you, my Costa's are only the "400"-Glass lenses. ...JMHO. :wink:
-Cisco-

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

- Eleanor Roosevelt -
YakSlammer

Post by YakSlammer »

Got to have the Costa's ... all prescription. Love them

Harpoon - Green Reflective 580
Hammerhead - Gray
Issabella - Vermillion
YakSlammer
pbr

Post by pbr »