For those who have not tried it...

Vlap

For those who have not tried it...

Post by Vlap »

Siesta Key Rum is a local Distillery. They jumped into the business without ever selling a bottle or knowing what they were doing. Now they are in local restaurants and stores in the Bradenton Sarasota area. I picked up my first bottle today to try it and must say I like it very much. Tried it straight, a light cocktail with cane syrup and lime, and in a Strawberry Daiquiri. Very Tasty.

I love to support local business when I can and here is a good way to do it. They have a facebook page where I have seen a few of you listed. Check them out and ask for a local retailer where you can purchase a bottle and support a local business.

http://www.facebook.com/siestakeyrum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"It's always an adventure! " Cooknfish.
Mark R

Re: For those who have not tried it...

Post by Mark R »

I saw a segment on Channel 3 on Sunday (I think) about small quantity distillers, they featured a whiskey maker from the middle of the state and your Siesta Key Rum. Pretty interesting, the state started allowing small distillers recently. You have to own a still before you can apply for the permit, you cannot distill till you have a permit, go figure.
Anyway their review was very favorable. I look forward to a sample, after all....Team Rum.
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Vlap

Post by Vlap »

Next time we get together remind me and I will bring you a bottle if you have not been able to find it yet.
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

Vlap wrote:Next time we get together remind me and I will bring you a bottle if you have not been able to find it yet.
They sell it SOTE, I live NOTE. I don't think they have an outlet UP HERE. :D
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Vlap

Post by Vlap »

Contact them and ask...
BlueTuna

Post by BlueTuna »

Mark R wrote:
Vlap wrote:Next time we get together remind me and I will bring you a bottle if you have not been able to find it yet.
They sell it SOTE, I live NOTE. I don't think they have an outlet UP HERE. :D
I got me a fast Toyota Corolla. For the right price I'll do some smuggling NOTE!!! :D

Of course I have NO IDEA if the bottle will be full or empty depending on how good it tastes!!! :lol:
"There's no such word as can't" - Dad
David
Rik

Post by Rik »

This dedicated rum drinker gives it 2 thumbs up! :thumbleft: :thumbright:

I've had a couple bottles of the first batch. The second batch is out now and is supposedly smoother. I'll let you know shortly......

Spiced rum is next, gold rum after that. Personally, I think they got it all wrong and should have come out with gold to begin with but I think my personal preference might be showing.

Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

Rik wrote:Spiced rum is next, gold rum after that.
They have that all wrong. Spiced rum? :thumbs_down:
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Huh. If Rik likes it that's good enough for me.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

DaveR wrote:Huh. If Rik likes it that's good enough for me.
I guess it has to be.