Marco Island

Flamingo to Big Bend
trevorb

Marco Island

Post by trevorb »

Took the girlfriend to Marco Island this weekend, and convinced her to take a small fishing trip before we checked in our hotel. Tried Stingaree Island on a recommendation from Rik. Fished the mangroves leading into Tarpon Bay, caught 2 snook, biggest being about 20". Also caught a small trout in the bay. All fish caught on gold DART with red 1/16 oz jig head. Water was extremely murky, guessing the recent storm had something to do with that. Fish in the picture was the bigger snook. Wish I had a better pic, I'll blame Kaley for that one. Thanks for the tip, Rik.
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Re: Marco Island

Post by Todd »

trevorb wrote:Took the girlfriend to Marco Island this weekend,
Since you are new here Terry I will let you slide this time but it is a p-f.com requirement that when you take the girlfriend fishing you must post a pic of said girlfriend before any fish pics. :wink:
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
trevorb

Post by trevorb »

Ha, I'll keep that in mind for next time.

I thought this post belonged on the South Florida reports as Marco is south of Naples?

I have a general question about fishing mangroves: What angle do you usually fish em? It's easier to get further underneath the bushes if I fish straight at them, but the lure has a very short time near them.
trevorb

Post by trevorb »

and my name is Trevor, not Terry.