NOTE guys ... place/s to eat/drink on the beach.

GILs_GONE_WILD

NOTE guys ... place/s to eat/drink on the beach.

Post by GILs_GONE_WILD »

Same post as MarkM's but north of Dunedin. After that .... I'm lost.

I refuse to pay $8 to go to Honeymoon Island to eat a $2.50 hotdog and drink a $3 beer.

Help me out. Dunedin north to ... um .... let's say, Chassowitzka. Any beach bars on the Gulf or even Intracoastal, etc.

Any further north than that an I'm heading for Cedar Key where I know about eatin' and drinkin'. haha!!
GIL

"Only the half-mad are wholly alive." ~~~ Edward Abbey
MarkM
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Re: NOTE guys ... place/s to eat/drink on the beach.

Post by MarkM »

The Hooters in Port Richey is pretty nice. Lots of outdoor seating. It's off of 19 near Grand Blvd. Not right on the Gulf, but on the Cotee River. Pretty scenic place.

Sam's on Hudson Beach is right on the Gulf. Haven't been there in a while, but it has your usual bar type menu. Again, right on the gulf. There's another place in Hudson at the marina. I can't remember the name of it (it changed awhile back.) But they used to have killer burgers and grouper sandwiches.

There is also Peck's in Ozello. We were just up there a few weeks ago. Excellent seafood, but no view from inside the restaurant. Nice destination on a motorcycle. (Oops, don't start that! :D )

There is a great shrimp place in Homosassa called the Freezer. On the river there, best shrimp you'll ever eat. Oh, and the beer is cheap too. Also in Homosassa is the Monkey Bar at the Homosassa Riverside Resort. Nice place overlooking the river (and Monkey Island.)

So there's a few for starters, and we're only up as far north as Homosassa. :lol:
BryanS

Post by BryanS »

MarkM wrote: There is a great shrimp place in Homosassa called the Freezer. On the river there, best shrimp you'll ever eat. Oh, and the beer is cheap too.
x2. Going to the Freezer tonight for Steak night. Crab and Shrimp great as well!
When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President. Now I’m beginning to believe it.
—Clarence Darrow
GILs_GONE_WILD

Post by GILs_GONE_WILD »

Thanks!! Anymore!!???
GIL

GILs_GONE_WILD

Post by GILs_GONE_WILD »

Thanks MarkM. Hooter's is where we wound up after having smoked fish spread and a couple of beers at Captain Jack's on the Anclote River there in Tarpon Springs. :)
GIL