New on the Sun Coast!

Introduce yourself. It all starts with your first post. Jump in, the water's fine.
the_tall_man

New on the Sun Coast!

Post by the_tall_man »

Hi All! My name is Rory, I'm from Bellingham, WA (exactly the opposite end of the lower 48) and I'm new in Sarasota. Deepest apologies if you've seen this post elsewhere, I posted on a couple of lesser-trafficked forums before finding this one (which is exactly what I'm looking for)! I am active on NorthWestKayakAnglers.com, which is very similar to this. I have learned alot there, and shared alot there too.

I am an avid kayak fisherman. I usually fish 2-3 times a week in WA. I will be in Sarasota for the next few months with my kayak & gear (family lives there). I am VERY excited to get in the Florida salt, but I lack knowledge! I imagine it's quite different than what I'm used to up here in the Pacific Northwest. If anyone on these boards lives near the Sun Coast, let me know, I'd love to hook up and fish!

Some pics of my rig below.

Me and my Hobie Adventure with a nice lingcod

My fully-rigged hobie in the San Juan Islands (WA)

My VW weekender, ready for the weekend!
Offlander

Re: New on the Sun Coast!

Post by Offlander »

Welcome to sarasota :salute:
Alan

Sherman said
"War is cruelty... the crueler it is, the sooner it will be over."

'Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter - don't mind.. and those that mind - don't matter.'

The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Re: New on the Sun Coast!

Post by DaveR »

Welcome to SRQ!
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.