about to mount scotty flush mount in cockpit of t 140

Have rigging questions or a good idea? Found a good fishing product? Tell us about it.
brokenarrowjbe

about to mount scotty flush mount in cockpit of t 140

Post by brokenarrowjbe »

I did not like the slidetrax RAM mount in the cockpit area. It was to far forward to reach when it was out of the way of the paddle. I am about to drill holes for the scotty flush mount. I will be using an extension that is 4 to 6 inches long. Question, just in front of the cup holder or farther up in the second cut out area? If you picked one over the other let me know how you like it. I cut a polypro cutting board to make a back plate since the flush mount requires a hole almost 1.5 inches. It does have 4 screws to help holdit, one in each corner. I like that it will be "flush" without the scotty mount but now that it is time to drill, thinking the other style mount might be better since only the 4 small holes + backing plate. I used a RAM mount in this area on the last one but the arthritis in my wrists was causing problems when I would try to loosen the RAM mount to change its position. The scotty I could just lift and turn. Thanks for any feedback, John
Last edited by brokenarrowjbe on Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brokenarrowjbe

Re: about to mount scotty flush mouont in cockpit of t 140

Post by brokenarrowjbe »

The deed is done. I cot the hole a little smaller than the through tehe kayak mount and used a dowel rod with sandpaper attached to it to enlarge the hole for a tight fit. Looks great, seems very sturdy with cutting board modified backing plate. John
DavidtheProducer

Re: about to mount scotty flush mount in cockpit of t 140

Post by DavidtheProducer »

Pictures?