No Mos!

Flamingo to Big Bend
CooKnFish

No Mos!

Post by CooKnFish »

"I can't take anymore!"

This is what I was saying this morning after fishing for a couple of hours. I paddled out before the front came through and tried looking for Troutzilla. Had a couple of pops but nothing worth sticking around for when the wind kicked up. I retreated to the shoreline and tucked in behind a point for protection. I noticed the wind and current turned it into a perfect ambush staging area for everything with gills. Sitting in one spot for 30 minutes I slammed 3 times over. After thinking the rest of my trip could not get any better, I started fishing my way back to the launch. Boy, was I wrong!

The highlight of the day was hooking into a 30" snook that ran deep into the mangrove roots. In the middle of the Chinese fire drill I started laughing hysterically. The kayak was pulled into the mangroves a couple of times, almost lost a rod that was pulled from the rod holder by a branch and teetered back and forth as it balanced across my bow. Most of the fighting was done upside-down as I had to stick the rod in the water to keep the line below the dangling root system. Quite a sight to see I'm sure.

If you slept in this morning, you missed some of the best fishing all year. My arms are tired!

Last edited by CooKnFish on Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paddles - they aren't just for the bedroom anymore.

~Mark~
Vlap

Re: No Mos!

Post by Vlap »

Excellent work my friend!
"It's always an adventure! " Cooknfish.
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

Around 8:45 I heard the wind coming across the bay, so I headed for cover. Like you, I found some protected water and had a good couple of hours.

Home by 10am.
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
Pmoconnor89

Post by Pmoconnor89 »

Fantastic! I figured the day would be good for some fishing, but I was suckered into attending an early afternoon wedding...
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Well done!
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
SlikNik

Post by SlikNik »

They are fired up right now for sure, Friday and Saturday were very good
CooKnFish

Post by CooKnFish »

Heywood wrote:Around 8:45 I heard the wind coming across the bay, so I headed for cover. Like you, I found some protected water and had a good couple of hours.

Home by 10am.
As I was paddling out I heard this noise like wind in the trees. As I rounded a point I expected to find wind to equate the noise that I was hearing. Turns out, in the low light conditions, I wasn't able to see the shower that barely grazed me. Other than a few stray drops from the passing down pour, that was all the rain I had. I got back around 11.
Paddles - they aren't just for the bedroom anymore.

~Mark~
FLfishchaser

Post by FLfishchaser »

Bad azz little Redfish.
1okbyme2

Post by 1okbyme2 »

wOW! a 9 spotter....
"They paved paradise and put up a parking lot" Joni Mitchell