New member in Dunedin.

Introduce yourself. It all starts with your first post. Jump in, the water's fine.
Strokin

New member in Dunedin.

Post by Strokin »

Hello all,

I am new to the area (almost 3years) I have been learning a little here and there about the area and trying to get the saltwater fishing in gear. I grew up in Pensacola, but spent most of my youth fishing Lake Erie (figure that one out!) I have been always on the move due to my military years (all 8 years and 11 months) and never really got the chance to figure out saltwater fishing as far as targeting specific species. I recently picked up a Prowler Trident 13 and rigged it up with two Scotty mounts on the rear; I did however, opt out of the rod pod since I found it to be more useful to have that small recess to work with. I am really enjoying the waters around here and have had the opportunity to land a few nice reds, snooks, and of course have had the joy of being plagued by catfish while night fishing for shark from shore. I hope to get to know some of you and possibly learn some tactics and basic artificial lure techniques. I am still a big goose egg from the kayak and hope to turn that around soon.
DavidtheProducer

Post by DavidtheProducer »

Welcome! I'm new and just bought a kayak myself...I am always up for fishing with somebody on the weekends. I'm not familiar with Dunedin yet, but would love to try it out. If you ever need some company PM me! I live in Tampa and usually fish Double Branch, Weedon Island or Ft Desoto
Strokin

Re: New member in Dunedin.

Post by Strokin »

I will definitely get in touch. I usually fish around safety harbor, honeymoon, or go out from Pop Stansell Park.