Two hands or one hand?

When you cast a spinning rod, do you use one hand or two hands most of the time?

One hand
22%
Two hands
78%

Total votes: 65

BigFlyReel
Supporter 2011 - 2013

Re: Two hands or one hand?

Post by BigFlyReel »

Heywood wrote:I use my left hand sometimes. Its like someone else is casting....................

LMFAO! :-B
____

Native "Slayer Propel 13"
Native "Ultimate 12"
1okbyme2

Post by 1okbyme2 »

One hand.
"They paved paradise and put up a parking lot" Joni Mitchell
krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by krash »

I voted 1 hand,

but i do use the other to control the line, usually to drop a bait on a dime next to a tree/wall/piling with little or no intrusive splash or prevent lure from tree removal action next, close the bail, then strip the line tight to teh spool.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~
mikeB
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by mikeB »

Almost always one handed. Two sometimes with the bigger rods. Always with the reel on the bottom. I saw some tourists fishing with the spinning reels on top of the rods the other day at Sebastian Inlet. Never understood that approach.
Captain Hugh

Post by Captain Hugh »

Heywoods answer is the best. Takes casting to a new level.
"There was a very cautious man, who never laughed or cried. He never risked, he never lost, he never won nor tried. And when he one day passed away, his insurance was denied, For since he never really lived, they claimed he never died
FrankC

Post by FrankC »

One hand casting or spinning except with heavy tackle.
TerryW

Post by TerryW »

That's an interesting question that I never thought about. I almost always use two hands when casting left handed. And always use two when casting right handed.
35/34.5/26 24/22/1/1

I finally found Cow Creek. It's at the end of the Road to Nowhere!
kneedeep

Post by kneedeep »

I grew up throwing baitcasters for years and I do not know if it was that or years of baseball that took it's toll on my right shoulder. I switched to a two handed spinning rod cast out of necessity and it was the best move I ever made. I can chunk a topwater all stinkin day long! :cool:
<SDFT><{
"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
John
Guv'ner

Post by John »

Two hands for long range work, one hand for inside close up work
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton
catfish308

Post by catfish308 »

Two hands pretty much all of the time. If I'm fishing the rivers with light tackle I might use one hand. But I feel I have more control and accuracy using two.
When you need it and don't have it...you sing a different tune.
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

I tried two hand casting but it screwed up my Golf Swing big time...... :? :?
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
kneedeep

Post by kneedeep »

JoeS wrote:I tried two hand casting but it screwed up my Golf Swing big time...... :? :?
I learned alooong time ago, you can only be REALLY good at one or the other, Golf or Fishing.. I sold the clubs for a profit! :lol: :shock:
<SDFT><{
"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
bassboy

Post by bassboy »

Thats pretty sad if u cant do both shoot i fish while im golfing sometimes. Golf courses r the places to have nice size bass.
kneedeep

Post by kneedeep »

It's a matter of time and priorities. If I have any spare time, I fish! :cool:
<SDFT><{
Rik

Post by Rik »

Hey bassboy, his concern was not about doing both, his concern was about being good at one or the other. But, go ahead, keep doing both.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

I do both and quite frankly I am a better golfer than I am a fisherman...........Golf was serious for me.....fishing was my way of relaxing to forget my day on the course......I still consider fishing as a relaxation and golf as a unobtainable challenge........My wife once told me when I come home from fishing I am all smiles and happy no matter what the results were.......when I return from golfing I am grumpy, nasty and miserable, no matter how I played..... :? :? All that being said my response to her was golf fed us for a few years fishing never has........just sayin.....NOW I don't take either one very seriously :wink: :wink: :wink:
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!