kayak rod holder error

Have rigging questions or a good idea? Found a good fishing product? Tell us about it.
TeamJ5Lax

kayak rod holder error

Post by TeamJ5Lax »

So I had a friend put 2 rod holders on my Ocean Kayak Torque this past weekend and when I went to pick up my kayak.....he had them in backwards!!! Its the normal place behind the seat, one to the left and one to the right, but instead of having the holders facing so the rods are going back they go forward, hence making it so you can't paddle without bumping into poles ( or what ever you may have in them) So my question is, how do I fix this? Can I remove them? ( he riveted them in and sealed them with a gasket and sealer ) Honestly IF I can remove them, the place they are, I would have to look into a different holder as its too far down to just flip the holders without going over edges of the molding. I could just try to come up with some sort of PVC device to hold rods and things, turning the rod holders into a PVC holder. I guess this is what I get for being lazy and not doing it myself......Any advice would be great.

Mike Q*
JoeS

Re: kayak rod holder error

Post by JoeS »

Without seeing exactly where the holders are located and the angle of them it's hard to say......Scotty has a few different rod holder extenders that rotate at different angles which may be able to fix your problem without new holes :? ....other option would be to locate new Scotty Deck Mounted holders and either cap off the current ones or use them for let say your anchor or whatever you think will fit.....again without Pics hard to say.....
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
TeamJ5Lax

Post by TeamJ5Lax »

I'll take a few pics tonight and post them. Thanks for the ideas.

Mike Q*
Sledford

Post by Sledford »

You should be able to remove the rivets and turn them. The 3 holes should be covered by the flange on the flush mount. It they are the flush mounts with the 4 mounting holes they might line up.
Sam