Paddle in food beginins

Mark R

Paddle in food beginins

Post by Mark R »

Now the stuff stocked up for the Summer Swelter Paddle In - June 18!
Clock wise from top right. Venison for Bratts. Next two are pork fat trimmings from tenderloins.
Below that we got two bags a butts cubed for Italian and Bratts.
Bottom left brisket trimmings for Bratts.
Above that we got pork belly trimmings from ribs for Italian and Bratts.
Above that we got another butt...just in case. :cheers:

Also we got dis for burgers Larry burgers.

This is for the Summer Swelter Paddle In - June 18. Gonna have C.P. Italian, M.H. Italian, Beer-B-Q Italian, Pork bratts, pork venison bratts, pork venison beef bratts and Larry burgers.

I'll start beginning of next week, check back for updates!
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Mark R

Re: Paddle in food beginins

Post by Mark R »

We start by grinding the pork, three butts, fat trimmings and a belly, 23 lbs.

Pork all ground and headed back to the frige, took about ten minutes with my new 3/4 hp grinder. Sooo much easier than the KitchenAid. All the meat was frozen and partially defrosted.

The pork was divided into 4 - 5lb bags and one 3lb bag. Next we grind the 2.5 lbs of venison. this was combined with the 3lbs of pork.

Now we work on the Larry Burgers. 3 lbs of brisket trimmings and a 10# top sirloin.

And ground.

Now we mix the spices and stuff to make the burgers Larry Burgers. Another very nice new toy a 20lb sausage mixer. And back to the frige it goes.

Spices for the Italian sausage (3 different) and two different bratts. Left to right C.P., mine, and B.B-Q Italian. And the rear Mt bratt and B.B-Q bratt. Both bratt spice mixes include the appropriate amount of cure #1, and were "cured" for 48 hours.

C.P. Italian stuffed. This is not all of it, it went back into the frige as I stuffed it.

My Italian stuffed.

B.B-Q Italian.

B.B-Q bratt.

My bratt.

The bratts into the cold smoker.

Cold smoked for 4 hours.

And on to the Paddle in! Finally ready.

My view from the grills. How cool of a view is this to start your day? (Sorry bout the p. plates)

This is looking back at the cookin area.

Annnndddd here we got some folks with food! L to R, Rob on the left, Cook sittin stuffin face, Norms "good" side, Capt. Jack snitchin cheese,Todd sitting, CB's good side, I think that's Fishhead behind CB, and Rik's hat stickin out from behind the tip jar. Maybe he's there - maybe not???

As usual I forgot to get pics of the cooked food.

I hear there were some reds caught, at least one made it to a cooking surface C.B.. And Cook caught a ladyfish finally, I hear..NPDH!

It was a lot of fun, if you missed it...well you missed it - a good outing!
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Paul
PFTS SPONSOR
PFTS SPONSOR

Post by Paul »

Wow Impressive

Sorry I missed it
Paul Silvernail
"Pimpin' ain't easy....but it's neccessary"
Rik

Post by Rik »

It tasted better than it looks and it looks damn good!
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
americanrobster

Post by americanrobster »

Mark R wrote:It was a lot of fun, if you missed it...well you missed it - a good outing!
A great outing indeed.

Again, thank you for the great food Mark.
Rob

Heritage Redfish 12'

Heritage Redfish 14'